• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Midwest Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
hey Rich did she tell you how many they planned to hire the rest of this year? I only know about 1 more class after the June class for the 80

hey Rich did she tell you how many they planned to hire the rest of this year? I only know about 1 more class after the June class for the 80

nope just what you and i heard from don's mouth at the interview.

i would imagine it all depends on:

1) do the shareholders vote for a change in management on 6/14? then it would be up to the folks in Orlando.
2) will there be a fleet replacement announced, if so how many and how quickly?
3) how do the retirements look for the rest of the year (flywolf) and how the FAA going to 65 may affect this.
4) business keeps going well.

nope just what you and i heard from don's mouth at the interview.

i would imagine it all depends on:

1) do the shareholders vote for a change in management on 6/14? then it would be up to the folks in Orlando.
2) will there be a fleet replacement announced, if so how many and how quickly?
3) how do the retirements look for the rest of the year (flywolf) and how the FAA going to 65 may affect this.
4) business keeps going well.

1) Yes they do but properly even if they are voted in they won't be able to change anything because the majority will be the original Midwest directors, unless airTran have all the time in the world and put up another 3 next year but don't think they will do that.

2) One of the mangers said the merger issues is consuming all management time (not to mention nearly 800K a month in expenses) and they don't have time to work on that now. But he said as soon as the deal is dead then they will start negotiating for a new aircraft. He also mentioned it will be the end of 2008 before we see a new aircraft on the property.

3) I have to check on that one, I though I have seen somewhere we might have 8 retirements this year, but have to check on that. I think it will be a good couple of years before we worry about the age 65, but it will affect a lot of our pilots and all the senior guys I talked to want to work to age 65.

4)Yes, fingers crossed :)

Last edited:
I recall in the interview Don saying that upper management has indicated that when the 3 year lease runs out on the last newly acquired MD-80 that it will be the last on property.

I recall in the interview Don saying that upper management has indicated that when the 3 year lease runs out on the last newly acquired MD-80 that it will be the last on property.

yes i remember that, i was thinking more about an announcement. i had also heard that within the year a change to the signature service might be announced where a split cabin might be introduced to the 717's to increase seating capacity towards 100.

where are these 80's coming from? alaska? spirit? american?

yes i remember that, i was thinking more about an announcement. i had also heard that within the year a change to the signature service might be announced where a split cabin might be introduced to the 717's to increase seating capacity towards 100.

where are these 80's coming from? alaska? spirit? american?

The jungle

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back