Midwest Airlines Interviewing and Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
logjammer said:
If Ty was hired at Midwest he would be bragging up how great that place is. He is a dime a dozen, everything he does/owns is the best there is. A real product of his own environment.

My first and last post about this "guy"

Sounds like another cranky guy with a bad case of E.D. and shoes that pinch.

Welcome aboard. Every message board needs an Official Idiot, and I nominate you. Of course, you've been on this board for two years, and you have only posted 24 times, so if you want to hang onto your title, you'll have to be a little more prolific.

Speaking of titles:

D.O., huh? I'm impressed. What's that mean? Does that mean that you get to pick who has to dump the honeypot at the end of the trip? Or do you get to drive the rental car on the overnights?

Last edited:
I hate to interupt a pissing match with pertinent information but I would be surprised to see any off the street hiring at Midwest. They are hiring to fill seats to satisfy an accelerated aircraft delivery schedule (something like 4 717's in the last quarter instead of 2, I think). They are using skyway guys due to the fact that the background checks have already been done, in house. A pria check still has to be completed but since the same person doing the check is also the one doing the hiring the process is faster and cheaper. I used to work at skyway and left for qol issues but it would be difficult to find a better group of people, and since a lot of them have moved on to midwest, the same goes for that group. With that being said I would like to give everyone an idea of the brain trust running the whole shabang. Recently, all of the midwest rampers were given the option of working at skyway wages and starting over with new DOH or finding a new job a different company. Most left. The new ramp staff totally melted down. Midwest then starts calling all of the people that they just bent over and canned and offerred them a job to TRAIN THEIR REPLACEMENTS at rates of pay higher than when they left. Circle jerks like this are a daily, if not hourly occurance.

E170Guppykiller said:
I've never been turned down at an airline!

Duuuude, dat's freaking awesome!!! Who you been interviewin wit'? Da Fed Ex?Da What can Brown do for you? Da Delta/Song Combo? Da Trannie? Da Blue Dudes? Tell the peeps what airlines you interviewed wit dude, cause it be seemin like you deserve like huge props....Where you be workin now?

It be seemin like lots of good peeps end up gettin turned down--Sounds like lots of the SWA dudes got da good call on second or third interviews, so are they like not cool like you dude cause you ain't never been turned down at an airline.

I just met some udder dude dat never been turned down at an airline, but he wuz handin me my Big Mac and fries, bro.

If you could be workin for the Canyon Blue dudes after tubin the interview da first time, would you do it? Cause y'know dude dat would like be breakin your perfect interview record and stuff.

Sometimes it's like the best tings happen to dudes after they have to be dealin wit failure, like good ole Ty Webb and Pres Abe Linkin (who dey named Linkin Park after, which rocks!!!) These dudes both failed and stuff but kept goin and goin like de energizer bunny, so I'm like givvin dem both the congrats

Da peeps I be conversin wit say dat da Ty Guy is freakin way cool to be flyin da 4-day wit

logjammer said:
If Ty was hired at Midwest he would be bragging up how great that place is. He is a dime a dozen, everything he does/owns is the best there is. A real product of his own environment.

My first and last post about this "guy"

My impression of Ty is that of an aviation flunkie pretending to be an airline captain. He sounds like he is 15 and looking forward to his sophmore year in high school. This guy can't be for real.

they interviewed only skyway guys for now. 16 got hired with 5 starting today in the MD 80. the other 11 are in the pool. class of 10 (all recalls for now) start 8/31.if someone does not show up they take guys out of the pool. 10/5 class of 8, 4 MD 80, 4 B717. in november another class all B717. they will accept soon resumes from outsiders. accelerated delivery for 2 more this year and 3 more in the first 6 months.(total of 25 .) midwest has its problems, pays better than allegiant, has good schedules on the MD 80. good luck

When Midwest furloughs again, do the skyway guys get to go back to thier old jobs?

Chuck Yogourt said:
My impression of Ty is that of an aviation flunkie pretending to be an airline captain. He sounds like he is 15 and looking forward to his sophmore year in high school. This guy can't be for real.

Like him or not, he is real. And he is a 737 Captain for Air Tran. Whether you want to believe it or not, this is an absolute fact.

Jetjockey said:
When Midwest furloughs again, do the skyway guys get to go back to thier old jobs?

We won't furlough again. Can't cover the schedule now. To much flying for to few fliers.

Chuck Yogourt said:

If I were a high school sophomore with a son in middle school, I wouldn;t have to fly for a living . . . . .

take it easy there, Gramps, you're gonna get your hiatal hyena all wound up again . . . . . I thought you were done with this string . . . .

Latest resources

Back