• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

atpcliff

Hi!

I just read about Midwest.

I didn't realize that they had recalled all their pilots, much less were interviewing and hiring.

What is the latest?

Cliff
YIP

PS-I went on the website and it doesn't say anything about pilot hiring.

Cliff,

Unless you currently work for Midwest Connect, I don't think your chances of getting an interview this year are real good. All of the hiring right now is being done internally with Midwest Connect Pilots.

Good Luck!

atpcliff said:
Hi!

I just read about Midwest.

I didn't realize that they had recalled all their pilots, much less were interviewing and hiring.

What is the latest?

Cliff
YIP

PS-I went on the website and it doesn't say anything about pilot hiring.
From what I heard, a LOT of the pilots bypassed the recall and resigned...

Hi!

Thanks for the info. I tried to get on with Skywest (Midwest Connect) originally, but they wouldn't interview me because I wasn't in a current flying job. I even had some connections.

Cliff
YIP

atpcliff said:
Hi!

Thanks for the info. I tried to get on with Skywest (Midwest Connect) originally, but they wouldn't interview me because I wasn't in a current flying job. I even had some connections.

Cliff
YIP

Maybe because they are called Skyway, you had the wrong connections. <bg>

~DC

Last edited:
atpcliff,
Used to fly for Skyway. 73 driver got some bad info. MidX hired 13-18 Skywayers. I believe they start class Monday August 8.

They are also running a class of street (non skywayers) after that. Not sure on that date. This came from a MidX FO friend.

My experience with MidX is that they interview from the first resume, after the window opens up, down. Personal experience only.
Good luck

Vwiped,

Used to work for Skyway as well probally yanked gear for ya or vise versa. Talked personally with the YX HR departmet about their plans to only hire in house at this time. The class of non skywayers are those who made it through the interview process but got put on standby during the 9-11 events. Not too sure if any one on the outside is going to get a chance to interview for any open spots this year. I guess if my info is bad then the HR departments info given to me is bad as well.

I hope I'm wrong!

Midwest Connect pilots were given priority to fill some slots. The company will start taking applications online sometime this month. They will hire at least 40 this year, with 40 more early next year. So my sources tell me.

Are they hiring to cover attrition or will Midex actually be adding airplanes? What is the source of the hiring?

Geez, no offense to any of the midex pilots, but I would have to think long and hard about leaving a current job to go there, the way things look.

Latest resources

Back