• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Midwest 717's to DAL?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The -717 is the same type rating as the -9, so the NWA guys would only need difference training.

No, not really. Same type, but a simple differences course really wouldn't cut it. You can't fly this plane without going through a full course. There's a big difference between a "real" 9 and a 717.

No, not really. Same type, but a simple differences course really wouldn't cut it. You can't fly this plane without going through a full course. There's a big difference between a "real" 9 and a 717.

Steam guages to glass/FMS would have to be a full course, like you said. The -9 to the MD-88/90 would most likely be a full course as well. The interesting part would be whether the 717 would be a separate category from the -88/90. I would guess it would?

Delta/NWA looking to or have purchased 717's, rumored to be some from Midwest.

Well this can't possibly be right.....

It would ruin their whole arguement for the SLI (seniority list) they say is fair due to the loss of DC-9's and the lack of a replacement for them. If there is a replacement for the -9, what would be the excuse then....

AAI is parking 717's and 737's. Only operator that is getting 717's is Hawaiian. Which if you read the Section 1 of the JPWA has this inter-island flying listed in it. All very interesting.

It does solve a short term issue for an airframe. Nothing would be finalized for some time.

Steam guages to glass/FMS would have to be a full course, like you said. The -9 to the MD-88/90 would most likely be a full course as well. The interesting part would be whether the 717 would be a separate category from the -88/90. I would guess it would?

This is a question....doesnt CAL Pilots fly both glass (767-400) and non glass 767 under the same type rating?

No the 9 is going away. The replacement for that flying is Next Gen RJ's as stated in the argument outlined this week.
A 717 would be additional a/c. This will be the business stance.

Yes (Cal) does. The 737 is operated much the same way. The glass has round dials presented on the PFD's and not speed and altitude tape.
Not sure if you could get Boeing to write a program for that.
The 737's and 767-400 were done because of WN's insistence on the 737's they own. (300's)

Oh good grief....

Now the 717 isn't a replacement type for the DC-9?? Correct me if I'm wrong, but the seat count is virtually the same right??

So, a 76 seat rj is a replacement for the -9, but an aircraft that uses the same type rating and has virtually the same number of seats is not a replacement.

Riiiight....

spin spin spin

No the 9 is going away. The replacement for that flying is Next Gen RJ's as stated in the argument outlined this week.
A 717 would be additional a/c. This will be the business stance.

Now that's funny! I'll have to credit you this, you guys sure do shoot for the stars. I wish my MEC did the same.

Schwanker

I am just stating how the lawyers would argue the points.
Said defendant stated that the DC-9's are being replaced by the 76 seat DCI jets. correct?
Correct.
Well then why are you calling these 717's replacements when the above said DC-9 has already been replaced by a RJ?

See the point. Can't contradict your self to a court of law or an arbitrator. Literally I mean this totally TIC.

Latest resources

Back