• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

MidEx

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey guys, first Merry Christmas to everyone on this board.

I have heard that managment recently met regarding pilot staffing/ plans for 2008, they have decided that atleast for the first part of 2008 they will not furlough anyone, hope they keep it this way.

Happy new year to all.

Hey guys, first Merry Christmas to everyone on this board.

I have heard that managment recently met regarding pilot staffing/ plans for 2008, they have decided that atleast for the first part of 2008 they will not furlough anyone, hope they keep it this way.

Happy new year to all.

well that would be welcome news. i had heard DM was flying as an FO for the last couple of days. crew scheduling wasn't answering the phone on the 23rd and 24th. SNAFU's all around.

merry christmas to all!

CAT III in the 1900 was coming right after WAAS GPS/AP avionics upgrade and the arrival of the J528/728s. :beer:

A little birdy told me that, after the last en masse divert to MSN, there were a pair of 717s and a 1900 stuck because they looked liked popsicles and couldn't get deiced. Any truth to this? Also, with all the JAing I heard about, I'm amazed they think they still need to furlough. Best of luck, all!

Skyway was close to getting EFB three years ago, too. It would have saved money. Which is why we never got it. And I think we were only close to getting 428's. You know how that turned out.

Last winter it took me 8 hours from MSN to MKE. By airplane mind you. As I remember, Midwest doesn't have type 4 at 3 of the 4 close in alternates of MSN, GRR, GRB, and ATW. GRR is the only one (a contract vendor mind you) with type 4. Everywhere else is other airline and you have to wait until they get their own aircraft done. If you were me, my options ran out of 4 before I could get sprayed.

Skyway was close to getting EFB three years ago, too. It would have saved money. Which is why we never got it. And I think we were only close to getting 428's. You know how that turned out.

Last winter it took me 8 hours from MSN to MKE. By airplane mind you. As I remember, Midwest doesn't have type 4 at 3 of the 4 close in alternates of MSN, GRR, GRB, and ATW. GRR is the only one (a contract vendor mind you) with type 4. Everywhere else is other airline and you have to wait until they get their own aircraft done. If you were me, my options ran out of 4 before I could get sprayed.

Given the cost of electronic data (particularly from JEPP) and the devices/certifiation, EFBs are certainly NOT an expense saving. EFBs are cute and interesting but certainly not an expense reduction.

Bob

the efb rumor at midex is directly tied to replacing sabre with lufthansa's system (LIDO).

I know for a fact there were guys in the training department that went over to Europe about a month or two ago to meet with Lufthansa about the LIDO system.

Given the cost of electronic data (particularly from JEPP) and the devices/certifiation, EFBs are certainly NOT an expense saving. EFBs are cute and interesting but certainly not an expense reduction.

Bob
Actually, it is. It just takes a couple of years to recoup the initial investment.

Actually, it is. It just takes a couple of years to recoup the initial investment.

Don't forget the lost time for back injuries and chiropractor visits for toting all those poor trees around.

Seems like the ops manuals could be added as a searchable .pdf, too. Hold it. That would make things run smoother. Forget it.

Guess Airtran looks sweeter sweeter all the time !!??

And you MEH guys think that NWA is going to let you keep those LGA and BOS and DCA slots=bye bye Yeah Ok and that is pretty much your bread and BUTTER !!!

????

Guess Airtran looks sweeter sweeter all the time !!??

And you MEH guys think that NWA is going to let you keep those LGA and BOS and DCA slots=bye bye Yeah Ok and that is pretty much your bread and BUTTER !!!

????

you're right....our opinions on flightinfo could have swayed the deal either way......why don't you wake up and smell what you're shoveling.

Latest resources

Back