• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Micro Manager Sir Captains.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Now would be the time I'd normally ask how my comments are irrational and unrelated to the subject, but I won't bother.

Now you're 5 touchdowns behind--game's over, I'm turning the channel.

gator

It wasn't about your comments. Fact is, the only conversation I had in this thread was with you.

I am talking about the rest of the comments. On the other hand I am still not sure why are my pants down just because I replied to everyone and finished the story.

I did not own up to anything. I had a bad trip where I had to work a lot harder and I was not paid extra. I was the one who had to shut up, I was the one who had a bad time, I was the one who worked it out instead of alienating the situation. He did squat for that. It is MY social skills that prevented me from telling the dude what he really is and make this a really bad trip for both of us. Just because it got better it does not mean he is a great guy to fly with. I figured out how to fly with him so now I can do it but it took me a LOT OF ADJUSTING. He drove gate agents nuts, 2 leads made comments about him, and 2 jumpseaters gave me the “have fun” look once they exited the plane.

Just like someone said it above, I was his little bitch. I am a professional. I am there to fly the damn plane the way the FAA and the opspecs dictate it. I understand the concept of technique and I am more than willing to adjust to the CAs style of flying but when I am doing too much adjusting that means we are not doing standard stuff anymore. Not only that, but it also means I have no idea what the CA is expecting from me anymore. Now I am going to have to make the decision to speak up, or not. Being new on the plane makes this very hard. Not only are you not comfortable with the plane yet, but you also want to try to keep a low profile. I did not speak up for several reasons but I am not sure that I made the right choice. He was nice outside the cockpit that probably influenced my choice a lot. Unfortunately that should have nothing to do with it. But since I was holding it in for a while I had to vent somewhere and this is a great place.

So what did I own up to? Nothing.

Every Captain's dream.

I did suck it up, I did not mention names, and to be honest the trip turned toward the better once the person started to thrust me.

and from "his" next post:

On the other hand I am still not sure why are my pants down just because I replied to everyone and finished the story.

ah. that explains everything. huncowboy, do you know what a "Freudian slip" is?

Last edited:
Corn,

I guess I am a real retard because I don't get the connection. Either that or I don't understand your logic.

"I did suck it up, I did not mention names, and to be honest the trip turned toward the better once the person started to thrust me."

Translation for you:

And I am not saying that I am an English teacher. But it is good enough for fi.

3 thoughts in the sentence:

1. "I did suck it up"
I decided to not bring the issue to his attention and thus avoided a confrontation. Instead I eded up venting here. I see you doing that as well with your single line useless comments.

2. "I did not mention names"
There is no way to know who the person was as long you don't know who I am. Even if you know me it would take a good effort.

3. "and to be honest the trip turned toward the better once the person started to thrust me."

He finally believed that he can let me fly the plane. So he did without much of an input.

What is the problem with "sucking it up" instead of getting into an argument? You were the one who said I should know who the boss is. Which one is it? Make up your mind.

What you should not do is guess, make wrong assumptions, and over analyze me. You keep failing in it.

It is pretty simple really. There is such a thing as micro managing captains. What do you think about them? Can you have a conversation about that or are you so used to bending over in the KC that you think it is normal.

This is what happens when you try to sire a captain.

"Sire Captain" is an expression I picked up from one of my favorite former TWA/AA furloughed flight attendandts. It was her way of saying that we are flying with a ******************************. She could do it with a smile.

I always hate when you have a four day with someone you cant stand. The good thing about it is that there are so many pilots that you probably stand a good chance of never flying with them again for a long time. Be professional and fly the way you were taught to by the company and you cant go wrong. If they don't like it they go talk to someone about it.

gator,

You are all correct with the above. I did suck it up, I did not mention names, and to be honest the trip turned toward the better once the person started to thrust me.

He was commenting on your typo.

Micro-managers deserve no defense from anyone. They make life difficult for everyone they work with and, frankly are unsafe.

huncowboy,

Did you contact pro standards or the CP's office?

That might be the best way to deal with such a situation.

Latest resources

Back