• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Micro Manager Sir Captains.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Did he really thrust you? If so I would contact pro standards or the hims committee.

PS The facebook comment was good

Last edited:
When they start micro-managing me this usually works pretty good:

"YOU HAVE CONTROL....."

When they start micro-managing me this usually works pretty good:

"YOU HAVE CONTROL....."

But then you have two or three more days to sit 6-8 hours each in a cold cockpit. That is not fun either. Plus you don't fly. I like to fly still.

Having said that, I did it once before. It was not about micro managing. It was actually a fun flight that at one point turned into an argument that ended with: "I am the captain and I will tell you... if you fly with me you will always do this and that doesn't matter the ATIS yada yada..." It was not even an argument because I try to never make it look like that I am arguing. More like asking, or pointing out...

<< I hope you fat prick are reading this, it was in Pensacola in the E140 >>

I know you will only hear the "who is the boss" when the other party is out of arguments. It is a punch under the belt but it is one to take without complaints. So I asked him to fly the rest, and talk to me only when it is related to the flight. I can't exactly say that I had fun afterwards but I don't regret it.

This last trip never went that far. Calling CP or pro standz as other have suggested, would have not been warranted IMO. Venting here made me feel better already at least until I told everyone here how he tHruted me. I should have kept that detail to myself. tHrust is hard to come by in the cockpit since 65 passed.

And you are expecting the Nobel Price for working at MSEA. Right? Dude you are getting gangbaged every day probably 19-20 days a month. Get out of there while you even have a chance. Until then, shut it.

HAHAHAHA, internet tough guy, I love it!!! I’m not sure how much for a Nobel & you know more about getting “gangbaged” just ask your daddy.

You must be such a joy to fly with for 4 days. You probably are a hazard in the air and need to be micro-managed to keep from endangering the public. Waaaaa the captain told me what to do, Waaaa I got thrusted. Shut up little boy, sit there and do your job. Not entirely SOP so what, if you are going to break a reg or kill someone – then speak up, otherwise STFU and do your job.

After reading your posts, it sounds to me like you’re the micromanager in the cockpit pointing out every little thing to the captain. That captain you’re flying with probably forgot more about aviation then YOU WILL EVER KNOW and grew tired of YOUR B/S! If you find yourself getting into an argument with a captain and it ends with “I am the captain…” its probably cause YOU’RE too anal.

BTW, I don’t work for MESA & I certainly don’t take career advice from a loser like you. Have a nice day and work on your English proficient endorsement. :rolleyes:

*One more thing, you've never been a CA for a 121 carrier, having to sign your name and take responsibility for an aircraft or put up with weak F/O’s like yourself have you? I didn’t think so.
icon10.gif

Last edited:
HAHAHAHA, internet tough guy, I love it!!! I’m not sure how much for a Nobel & you know more about getting “gangbaged” just ask your daddy.

You must be such a joy to fly with for 4 days. You probably are a hazard in the air and need to be micro-managed to keep from endangering the public. Waaaaa the captain told me what to do, Waaaa I got thrusted. Shut up little boy, sit there and do your job. Not entirely SOP so what, if you are going to break a reg or kill someone – then speak up, otherwise STFU and do your job.

After reading your posts, it sounds to me like you’re the micromanager in the cockpit pointing out every little thing to the captain. That captain you’re flying with probably forgot more about aviation then YOU WILL EVER KNOW and grew tired of YOUR B/S! If you find yourself getting into an argument with a captain and it ends with “I am the captain…” its probably cause YOU’RE too anal.

BTW, I don’t work for MESA & I certainly don’t take career advice from a loser like you. Have a nice day and work on your English proficient endorsement. :rolleyes:

*One more thing, you've never been a CA for a 121 carrier, having to sign your name and take responsibility for an aircraft or put up with weak F/O’s like yourself have you? I didn’t think so.
icon10.gif

What can I say? You figured it all out. All based on my posts. You are brilliant. :D It has to be that captain experience.

So why are you suddenly writing half a page worth of garbage when I call you out on your avatar and your posts? Sure you don't work for MESA. You never have. Not that my former regional was a lot better. You took a cheap shot at me so I did too. It never fails with MESA. It is priceless to watch you guys melt down when someone calls you out on it.

I guess I have no life. It is nice to be home on reserve though. I have not been home this much since I started my private.

First let me correct you, it was a struggle AT Mesa not for it. Yes it was my choice to work there and at 1000 hours I really didnt know jack about who I was really working for.

So you work for Mesa. Or at least you have worked there. I really don’t blame you but it is fun to watch a full meltdown when you are called out on it.

Here is another post from you giving some terrible advice to people. I hope you didn’t actually mean this. I only paste/copy the juicy stuff just for the heck of it LOL. Enjoy:

Let me explain how to survive your first year at an airline. Even if you know how to do something (radios, approaches, whatever), or you’ve been told the 100th time how to do something, your job as an F/O is to smile, thank the CA for his words of wisdom and keep flying. Try being humble and not cocky or over sensitive when given advice, it may save your ass one day.

As a F/O, you have the opportunity to learn from different CA out there. Everybody has a SOP to follow, yet everybody has their unique interpretation of the SOP and their own technique when it comes to flying. By shutting your mouth and opening your eyes you can learn what works and more importantly what doesn’t. When its your certificate on the line you will feel the same way about pilots like yourself. TIFWIW

To sum it up:
You expect your FO’s to smile while you are flying out of SOP. Very good! Combine that with making assumptions based on next to no information. At least that is what you have been doing with my posts, and with the other guy’s post about micro management. Is that the great experience you have gained being a 121 CA?

There was another post, at airlinepilotcentral about a VA captain that did not care to read WX and he was a jerk otherwise etc… Is that you?

News for you:
This thread is about you! Feel free to contribute.

You should drop to your knees and thank whatever higher power you answer to that you have one of these "micro manager sir captains" and not one of the captains that came from the generation before them. Try spending a 4 day trip with someone who sees everything you do as wrong, and makes sure you know it. Try sharing a cockpit with someone who sees you as nothing more than a low-life mouth breather, and makes sure you know it. Try flying with someone who gets 3 inches from your face and dresses you down at the top of his lungs for making an honest minor mistake, and he does it in front of the flight attendants AND the passengers. Try sitting next to someone who knows they are the Lord Almighty Himself in that left seat and will not accept any information to the contrary. Try to deal with someone who can and WILL get you fired in an instant if you screw up the slightest little bit, or have a contrary opinion, or if god forbid you correct them or otherwise "make them look bad."

Do that, and then tell me how awful those micro manager sir captains are.

Seems like maybe his post hit a few of you a liitle too close to home.

I would guess by his screen name that English is not his first language, and I would bet that if he wasn't trying to write "tongue in cheek", he would probably write as well or better than most of the people on this board.

I can definitely identify with his post . . . . reminds me of my first year at da Tranny.

In my observation, the most controlling and micro-managing Captains were almost always the weakest pilots, and/or the Scabs, who were terrified of losing their job, since no one else would hire them.

Latest resources

Back