• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Michael Moore Comments on Regional Pay at Labor Rally

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That is the funny part. Airline pilots (typically white, male and conservative) need a union to get a decent wage!

Unfortunately in management's eyes (as well as the shareholders') you have to add the pilot salaries together. To them, the FO is an apprentice, training to become a captain in an aircraft that really only needs 1 pilot to fly.

FAA still requires 2 pilots.
I will not fly on an airplane that does not have 2 people up there. Look at Colgan. They could have used a third.
They need us so make um pay.

looking at the first year pay for any profession is completely pointless. Suck it up, pay your dues and it all works out in the end.

looking at the first year pay for any profession is completely pointless. Suck it up, pay your dues and it all works out in the end.

Really? Pay your dues? If it were 1 year then sure! But every friggin time you are forced to start as a new hire at another airline? Gimme a break!

Funny my w-2's for the last 8 years are all sub 35k and that's pretty typical among my peers. Age 65 played a large part in that.

But, the guys who were working in the 70s, 80s, and 90s didn't make enough money yet, so I have to wait for them to make a little bit more. Guess I have no right to bitch.

Guess I have no right to bitch.

You have no right to bitch because you took a low paying job. You ARE the problem. RIGHT this second... you are why the pay is so low.

Now if flying airplanes were hard (like building scientific applications on a super computer... that's what I do ;) ) then you would be making a whole lot more money. But it's not and anything with the intellectual capacity of say... an advanced chimp can get through the training so there you are.

Latest resources

Back