• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Michael Moore Comments on Regional Pay at Labor Rally

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey this is FI stop dealing in reality. It will take you approximately 10 years to get to a job that will allow you to start making QOL and pay a goal in your job search. Pilots get hired at good places because they have Turbine PIC, you must build turbine PIC to have control over your career. You have to go wherever that job is that gets you turbine PIC. You stay in that job until you can get another job that gives you better turbine PIC, i.e. Bigger airplanes, Turbojet, 121, etc. It is called paying your dues everyone must do it. Some do it in the military, some do it at the regionals, and some do in the on-demand business. Everyone pays his or her dues. BTW If Moore is so concerned about regional wages, he is a gazillionaire, have him start an airline that pays $50K for first year F/O's. He is smarter than that, he doesn't want to make a small fortune of his large fortune.

Your mentality is partly to blame for the low pay in the industry. The problem with your argument is that times have changed. Regional pilots aren't flying metroliners anymore, they are flying multi million dollar airplanes carrying 70-90 passengers while still making tprop wages. At that point you're certainly not paying any dues other than being paid low.

Your mentality is partly to blame for the low pay in the industry. The problem with your argument is that times have changed. Regional pilots aren't flying metroliners anymore, they are flying multi million dollar airplanes carrying 70-90 passengers while still making tprop wages. At that point you're certainly not paying any dues other than being paid low.
Me? I am the problem with low pay and not the mainline pilots in the 80's who did not want little airplanes on their seniority list. I had to turn down regional jobs because I could not live on what they would pay me?

Latest resources

Back