MIA lifestyle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Groundpounder said:
The thing that sucks is that the middle class section is getting smaller by the day, and its hard to fit in.

How so? A middle class family would be able to afford a $400,000 townhouse? If so, there are lots of middle class people down here.

As for the lower class, I think they will be slowly driven out of here. The developers are buying the old to make way for the new. These are nothing a lower class family can afford.

positiveg said:
How so? A middle class family would be able to afford a $400,000 townhouse? If so, there are lots of middle class people down here.

As for the lower class, I think they will be slowly driven out of here. The developers are buying the old to make way for the new. These are nothing a lower class family can afford.

Actually, a large portion of the money is coming from out of the area, in fact, much of it abroad. I saw in the paper a few weeks ago a graph of the median price of a home in Palm Beach County and the median income. The home price exploded while the income stayed exactly flat. People are definitely not making more down here. I know many people that are not able to move because they would get killed on their new property tax.

Guess that means that everyone is aviaton is considered lower class family, I know I sure can't afford a $400,000 house.

Lets put it this way, $300K wont get you much in ft.lauderdale if your looking for buy a new townhouse (no garage)

Like Turbo said, ft lauderdale took it hard with Wilma, I see alot of blue roofs, up-rooted trees and places that still look a mess. Another direct hit this year which is only 3months away from hurrriance season, and you will see alot of people leave.....

Miami..

I was born and raised there... IMHO, miami has taken a big dump. best years it had was in the late 90's. now its just too crowded among other things..

Easily one of the worst places to raise a kid i think. My little brother came home wearing his jeans loose by his as$ crack and i hung him off the porch from them about 5 years ago. he's a good kid now.

positiveg said:

No, the middle class can't afford $400k houses, so they are leaving. That equals less middle class. The lower class will always be around cause there will always be welfare and other crutches for them to live with.

Whatever, the area stinks on ice, I'm just happy I have a decent flying job. Hopefully my apartment doesn't get wiped out this hurricane season.

Groundpounder said:
Hopefully my apartment doesn't get wiped out this hurricane season.

or changed into a condo...:mad:

CE

CrimsonEclipse said:
or changed into a condo...:mad:

CE

Three of the complexes I looked at before I moved in where I am now have changed to Condos. If the one I am in now changes over, I am fuct. There just aren't any affordable rentals that aren't section 8.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back