Mexico controller weirdness.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Doug Parker said:

Always fly the full approach in MX - never accept RV to an approach fix in IMC.

I disagree. I fly down there quite a bit and I've gotten vectors in a lot of places. They do a pretty good job, except in MTY where they gave my an 85 degree intercept to the final. The ERJ doesn't like that. They're pretty compitent down there. Just always know where you are.

Also, you don't have to talk to the controllers like they're retarded, i.e. "Buenas Dias, Mooooooooonterrrrrrrrey Ceeeeeennnnntttter. Jetttttliiiiiiink Twwwwwwo Threeeee Fourrrrrr Fiiiiiiiive wiiiiiith youuuuu attttt Fliiiiight Levelllll Threeeeeee Fiveeee Zerooooooooooo." They're Spanish not stupid.

ERfly said:
I disagree. I fly down there quite a bit and I've gotten vectors in a lot of places. They do a pretty good job, except in MTY where they gave my an 85 degree intercept to the final. The ERJ doesn't like that. They're pretty compitent down there. Just always know where you are.

Also, you don't have to talk to the controllers like they're retarded, i.e. "Buenas Dias, Mooooooooonterrrrrrrrey Ceeeeeennnnntttter. Jetttttliiiiiiink Twwwwwwo Threeeee Fourrrrrr Fiiiiiiiive wiiiiiith youuuuu attttt Fliiiiight Levelllll Threeeeeee Fiveeee Zerooooooooooo." They're Spanish not stupid.

Yeah, but I still wouldn't eat nuthin nor drink the water down there.

Doug Parker said:

Always fly the full approach in MX - never accept RV to an approach fix in IMC.

thats not true (it is in Peru however...). KLM, Iberia, AA, UAL, etc etc, all flying into Mexico City and surrounding airspace, every day, with no issues. I would trust Radar Vectors but like anywhere else, monitor your terrain and keep an eye on the Navaids for SA

Even Colombia is pretty darn good these days, radar contact in most areas and controllers fairly sharp

ERfly said:

Rooyyer ;)

I have flown around Mexico abit and been in to Pubelo, Leon , Mexico city, Montery, Tuloca, and many other places the cargo folks go.

Mexico is SOOOOOO cool as far as the mountains and the land goes. I simply had no idea how big the mountains are down there. I really wish I could just go exploring in the mountains. Prob a good way to die...but anyways.

I love the volcanos in Pueblo...

We got to over night in Leon and it was really cool....the interior is so much nicer than the donkey towns...i mean border towns:)

Wanked

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back