• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mexican Airlines' Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'd take his career over yours. Who did you say you work for again? Oh yeah you're one of those guys.

that's right! taking over little by little of what was our! hehehe reproducing like rabbits! ehhee

well

to be honest, they get about $5,000 USD as an FO, and Capitanes, about $9,000. I think they still get pay in dollars, not PESO! hehe other wise that will be like $500 USD a month!

That's very hard to believe. I have spent a lot of time in Mexico...not in Cancun or Monterey, but small town back country mexico. I have several friends there and have a general feel for pay rates, etc. For example, a systems engineer with a 4 year degree makes about $3000 USD a month and culturally, that is below the status of a major airline pilot. Whatever you say though man.

Now, back to the racial bashing that was going on I guess.

Day pays you Feefteen peso's and a bottle of TeKillya.... El Bouyyyyyyyyyyo....

Siesta time.....

to be honest, they get about $5,000 USD as an FO, and Capitanes, about $9,000. I think they still get pay in dollars, not PESO! hehe other wise that will be like $500 USD a month!

So basically they pay about what a United, NWA, DAl, JBlue, or AAA pilot makes on similar equipment yet the cost of living is maybe a third what it is up here. If I was a mexican working for AeroMexico I'd be worrying about the possiblility of a bunch of Gringo ho's coming down and lowering the bar in order to get into a shiny jet....lol......

One of the perks is that anytime you land at a major American airport, the ground controller will say "OK, everybody stop where you are. AeroMexico, taxi to your gate, any way you can."

You're a funny guy, but I'd bet you've never flown into Guadalajara, Monterey, Chihuaha or hand-flown the Mateo5 arrival Rnwy5R into Mexico city because if you had, you wouldn't make fun of those Mexican pilots or their accents. The controllers down there won't spoon-feed you on to final, and the further south you go the worse it gets. Try it sometime, but make sure you know how to shoot a DME-ARC approach before you go. Also pay attention to the MSA, cause ya ain't in Kansas anymore.

You're a funny guy, but I'd bet you've never flown into Guadalajara, Monterey, Chihuaha or hand-flown the Mateo5 arrival Rnwy5R into Mexico city because if you had, you wouldn't make fun of those Mexican pilots or their accents. The controllers down there won't spoon-feed you on to final, and the further south you go the worse it gets. Try it sometime, but make sure you know how to shoot a DME-ARC approach before you go. Also pay attention to the MSA, cause ya ain't in Kansas anymore.

amen!!!!!!!!
you said it like it is

Latest resources

Back