Metro Bus driver highest paid city employee $160,000

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ayn? Is that you?

Hilarious.... jack someone else down... why don't you focus on yourself instead of what others make rightfully....

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Contradict yourself much???

From this thread...

...those who control power and wealth made it happen and came out richer on the other side...

Not superfluous wants while making a few hyper rich....

and this thread

I'd like someone to show that the current distrubution of wealth is fair and reasonable....

And this one

The question is... what should be a market commodity...

In the USA, healthcare is a profit based commodity... it makes a few people very rich....

...because we as a society can't fund research... but we can pay BILLIONS out to HC CEOs.....

Source?

Anyway.. if profit is only 4% why are CEO pay in the BILLONS!!

I could go on, and on, and on...

You see... the demise of this country will be when liberals, and those with your beliefs quoted above, drive every wealthy person out of wealth or overseas.
Maybe, if you stopped and thought for a minute, you would realize that PUBLIC sector union employees are paid BY YOU, THE TAXPAYER.
Wanna celebrate that he makes over 4X the national average to drive a bus, while we, the private sector airline employees take cuts and live on food stamp qualifying wages? Fine, then stop your complaining when you take yet another pay cut in the form of income taxes to pay for this absurdity. Stop complaining when the CEO's and Exec's get richer because the tax hike causes you to live even more "paycheck to paycheck" while it only slightly slows their investment activity.
You see... you stand there and tell me to "focus on myself instead of what others make rightfully" while the other side of your mouth decries the evils of the rich man.
You cannot stand that a billionaire like Gates, or Jobs, or Pickens gets to keep what they made "rightfully". You cannot stand that you do not get to tap into their production of wealth.
You will not be happy until we ALL live together in misery and poverty.

Rez Exposed!

HAHAHAHAHAHA

From this thread...

and this thread

And this one

You see... the demise of this country will be when liberals, and those with your beliefs quoted above, drive every wealthy person out of wealth or overseas.
Maybe, if you stopped and thought for a minute, you would realize that PUBLIC sector union employees are paid BY YOU, THE TAXPAYER.
Wanna celebrate that he makes over 4X the national average to drive a bus, while we, the private sector airline employees take cuts and live on food stamp qualifying wages? Fine, then stop your complaining when you take yet another pay cut in the form of income taxes to pay for this absurdity. Stop complaining when the CEO's and Exec's get richer because the tax hike causes you to live even more "paycheck to paycheck" while it only slightly slows their investment activity.
You see... you stand there and tell me to "focus on myself instead of what others make rightfully" while the other side of your mouth decries the evils of the rich man.
You cannot stand that a billionaire like Gates, or Jobs, or Pickens gets to keep what they made "rightfully". You cannot stand that you do not get to tap into their production of wealth.
You will not be happy until we ALL live together in misery and poverty.[/QUOTE]

Mr. Wealth Envy (a-k-a Rez) has now been put on display for all to see. Well done!

Last edited:
Very well put. A very basic comparison anyone can understand.

There is an article about a NJ Turnpike worker that raked in over $300k.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2010/10/19/audit-finds-excessive-perks-for-nj-turnpike-employees/

The public sector unions' pension scheme is a national disgrace. Unlike private sector defined benefit pensions, which are generally based on length of service and the final year's base salary or an average of the last few years' base salary, public sector union pensions are typically based on the final year's total compensation. This algorithm typically includes final year pay grade bumps and taking maximum advantage of contractual overtime provisions. Thus, it is not unusual to see public sector union members retire with a pension that exceeds their last year's base salary. Nice deal for the union members, but it sucks to be a taxpayer in this environment.

The problem is compounded by the overly optimistic assumptions made for the future value of pension fund investments. For example, the massive California pension fund shortfall would not exist if invested funds had grown at an annual rate of 8-9% (DOW 29000 in June 2009).

Atlas is starting to shrug......

John Galt is an absolutist with no patience for hypocrisy. How dare you carry the looter's club card in your wallet, enjoying the harvest of taken currency, while deriding another no less deserving man for doing the same!

You sir are a looter of the lowest order. One who only seeks gains for yourself, while denying the true meaning of what looterism is all about. At least have the courage to truly embrace the ideals which so conveniently put money in your pocket.
:angryfire

America is what we make it.

Any person who votes toward someone else's best interest is a moron.

How common of a liberal to resort to name calling, because they have nothing else to stand on. Liberals pretend they want to "save the world", but the reality is shown clearly in your statement above.

You did have one part right. America is what WE make it, it's not all about you.

Here's another little bit of truth: The history of private sector unions is entirely unlike the history of public sector unions.

The rise of unions in the private sector was largely based on workers who were terribly exploited and worked in very unsafe conditions.

For most public sector workers, there has never been the level of hostility toward their demands. In fact, many politicians fear the employee unions greatly, giving them a power over the state and local governments that is disproportionate.

When public workers unionize, they lose any real sense of job accountability. This is very unlike a private sector union workers, who still have to be careful to make sure their company survives.

Also, let's admit something else that is true.

The whole basis of unions was to protect "the worker" - the man who actually does the dirty work of producing the wealth.

Most public sector employees are superfluous pencil-pushers. They don't actually produce. They collect taxes, enforce rules, etc.

But that is not production. While we do need some government, many governmental bodies do more to hinder production than help it.

The key issue here is that many private sector union workers will automatically, reflexively, and unthininkly support public sector unions because, well, because of the work "union".

"I'm a union man. Therefore I support all union workers."
Well, that is sweet of you, and kind of cute, but what you need to see is that public sector unions are going to give private sector unions a bad name.

In reality, private sector union workers should be distancing themselves from public sector unions, since they are altogether a different thing.

I realize that many people will refuse to see the difference, however, since their mental process is only union=good. Well, go ahead, but when the public sector unions get clobbered as their greed is being discovered, the public may lose sympathy for us as well.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

From this thread...

and this thread

And this one

You will not be happy until we ALL live together in misery and poverty.

UHHHHHH!! So let me get this straight, we should cut the taxes of the rich, so that they can get richer, and HOPEFULLY create some jobs, and keep their money here. To pay for this rich man tax cut, we, the middle class, should pay more taxes, and be thankful that we have rich people in this country at all!!! Now this city bus employee who worked his BUTT off to make what he made, is a crook for it? Though if you read the whole article, the city is really at fault for this because they are running short staffed! (Sound familiar ASAer's) Let me put it this way, if you want a strong middle class, vote democrat, if you want the wealthiest 2% to do REALLY well, vote republican. If you're a really big moron, respond to this post telling me how great the republican party is.

Here's another little bit of truth: The history of private sector unions is entirely unlike the history of public sector unions.

The rise of unions in the private sector was largely based on workers who were terribly exploited and worked in very unsafe conditions.

For most public sector workers, there has never been the level of hostility toward their demands. In fact, many politicians fear the employee unions greatly, giving them a power over the state and local governments that is disproportionate.

When public workers unionize, they lose any real sense of job accountability. This is very unlike a private sector union workers, who still have to be careful to make sure their company survives.

Also, let's admit something else that is true.

The whole basis of unions was to protect "the worker" - the man who actually does the dirty work of producing the wealth.

Most public sector employees are superfluous pencil-pushers. They don't actually produce. They collect taxes, enforce rules, etc.

But that is not production. While we do need some government, many governmental bodies do more to hinder production than help it.

The key issue here is that many private sector union workers will automatically, reflexively, and unthininkly support public sector unions because, well, because of the work "union".

"I'm a union man. Therefore I support all union workers."
Well, that is sweet of you, and kind of cute, but what you need to see is that public sector unions are going to give private sector unions a bad name.

In reality, private sector union workers should be distancing themselves from public sector unions, since they are altogether a different thing.

I realize that many people will refuse to see the difference, however, since their mental process is only union=good. Well, go ahead, but when the public sector unions get clobbered as their greed is being discovered, the public may lose sympathy for us as well.

Firemen

Police

Trash Collectors

Bus Drivers

Train/Subway Operators

Just to name a few.

Those folks deserve representation just as much as private sector workers.

The problem is the pandering politicians, not the unions.

Latest resources

Back