• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Metro Bus driver highest paid city employee $160,000

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And the last 2 posts is why I listen to Govenor Jessie, "The Body", Ventura. He won't endorse or vote for ANY Republican OR Democrat. They are BOTH the problem. It's time to kick them all out. Their only goal is reelection not the betterment of the country.

wot he say

I listen to Govenor Jessie, "The Body", Ventura.

You mean Governor Jesse Ventura?

If you're going to be a sheep and follow a clown, at least know how to spell his name.

Super thermite, oh crap! That could be painted on all of our houses right now, waiting for the government to burn us all down!

Yup.. you've got it figured out man. Haha.

There is a collective race to destroy the producers of society driven by jealousy and short-sighted thinking. Liberals, and those who wrongfully support them would gladly raise every public employees salary to this and higher then pass the cost on to the entrepreneur and the tax-payer thus driving businesses out of business or overseas. This will in turn create an ever more dependent society as more and more jobs are unsustainable in the domestic market.

Great thinking. Their kind will be the the end of us all.

Ayn? Is that you?

Hilarious.... jack someone else down... why don't you focus on yourself instead of what others make rightfully....

Its amazing how many people in America have been convinced that Big Gov't is better than Big BiZ!

Wake up folks, America is more than your union pilot job.

Its amazing how many people in America have been convinced that Big Gov't is better than Big BiZ!

Wake up folks, America is more than your union pilot job.

America is what we make it.

Any person who votes toward someone else's best interest is a moron.

There is a universe of difference between public sector and private sector workers.

What is interesting is the private sector union workers (which I generally support) somehow think they owe an allegiance to public employee unions.

In most cases, it takes the form of assuming that union=good anywhere and everywhere.

If the average private sector union worker knew the kind of corruption and backroom dealing that public unions are involved in, they might not so automatically support them.

The problem is not that public workers are unionized as much as the fact that they have corrupted the negotiating process.

I recommend pensiontsunami.com as a great website to see how public unions have unwittingly bankrupted many cities.

The problem with the current public union paradigm is that there are few natural checks on union power. In a private company, the union must consider that while they want good wages, they also need the company to be viable.

In the public sector, the "management" (state and local governments) often cooperate with union demands, because those officials are ALSO getting fat at the taxpayer trough.

Read the link. The insatiable greed of politicians AND state and local (not federal) unions have put most pension budgets beyond any hope or repair. Anyone who does not admit that there is a big difference between private and public sector unions is not paying attention. The final takeaway point is that state and local promises to union workers are so deep in the red that property taxes would need to be doubled of tripled in order to pay out.

Since most people are not willing to live in poverty so that DMV workers can retire with an $80k pension, we can count on changes. While the public employees will whine about 'a promise is a promise', they usually don't like to admit that those promises were generally done without the public's knowledge or approval.

The cities cannot afford to pay, ergo they will not pay. The money is simply not there.

America is what we make it.

Any person who votes toward someone else's best interest is a moron.

Anyone who only votes their own interest is a selfish creep.

I vote for what is right and fair. Sometimes it is in my interest, sometimes it is not in my interest.

I guess I believe in that "do unto others" thing.

Character counts, and a person who cannot see beyond their own wants is devoid of character or honor.

Ayn? Is that you?

Hilarious.... jack someone else down... why don't you focus on yourself instead of what others make rightfully....

If you knew more about the public union negotiation process, you would not make statements like "make rightfully".

Stick to private sector union issues where you have some actual knowledge.

You mean Governor Jesse Ventura?

If you're going to be a sheep and follow a clown, at least know how to spell his name.

Super thermite, oh crap! That could be painted on all of our houses right now, waiting for the government to burn us all down!

Yup.. you've got it figured out man. Haha.

Sorry, was up at 4:30 for work. It was a long day. I am not simply following a clown, simply a Libertarian sick of the B.S. of both the 'major' parties. Sick of politicians looking for a way to get reelected rather than doing what is best for their constitutients.

Latest resources

Back