• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Message From UAL MEC Chariman

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Once this CAL VP of flight OPS realizes the 744 is a big part of UAL hauling more USPS cargo across the Pacific than any pax carrier in the world and how much revenue is attached to that use...he will think twice about early 744 reductions.

Wasn't it the CAL flight ops guy that said there was no money in cargo?

Keep on beating your chest until you let the Transition Agreement die. We can compare what our seperate contracts will look like afterwards. It will be a disaster in the meantime - your

Should we compare before or after the 90% block hour ratio protection (brought up from 0%) that CAL pilots fought for UAL to have goes away? When the Transition Agreement "dies."

Either this will end in a handshake and we will move on which I at this point assume will happen in the next few weeks or this will be the worst nightmare we will ever have in aviation minus 911. Worse than c11 because it will last much longer. STOP THE INFIGHTING.

Either this will end in a handshake and we will move on which I at this point assume will happen in the next few weeks or this will be the worst nightmare we will ever have in aviation minus 911. Worse than c11 because it will last much longer. STOP THE INFIGHTING.

but what about the teenagers???

Set a payrate- blend the rates- have one payscale- at least then this 744 debate won't be muddied by "benefits for a few" that recent UAL history is littered with

Two less engines, much more fuel efficient, longer range, no center gear (space filled with containers), lighter gross weight (cheaper landing fees).

Show me what job the 777 can't do. When freight forwarding companies routinely buy blocks of coach seats, just so they go out vacant, in order to create more space for their freight- you don't get more efficient than that. A 744 simply could not do this on HKG-EWR.

A buddy that has flown both at UA points out that on the 744, the freight forwarder would just buy the freight space and then let you fill the seats. This seriously should not be a johnson-measuring contest, but saying the 777>744 is flawed.

DAL was not too keen, either on the 744 before the merger. Now they are trying to buy more and want to retrofit all their existing ones, as the 744s are doing great.

cliff
LGG

CAL guys...I'm with you on this. I don't understand why UAL MEC is protecting 24 747s from the banding. Frankly we have bigger fish to fry...SCOPE and SCOPE. Get the contract, THE SCOPE, workrules and pay (figure the stupid rates out just look what DAL did) and then get the SLI done. I'm sick and tired of the bantering. The sooner we get a contract the sooner we get the teens back in the turboprops.

Dude you must be 4 foot 0h. UAL is negotiating toward contract 2000 and beyond. CAL (at least the objectionist on here) are just simply happy to get their loan back as long as their 26 aging 767s stay banded. You're not the only one dying to get back on the property but by any means necessary? A solid contract (Section 1 thru Section 2X) that is separate and independent of SLI is what UALMEC is determine to achieve. Seem like they'll have to carry Jay along the way but in the end he won't regret it. Jayson Baron does want the 747 unbanded but in the followup contract to JCBA. What does that tell you?

Section III: Unband and significantly raise the rates for each aircraft in the inventory, PERIOD. That simple!!

Latest resources

Back