• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Message From UAL MEC Chariman

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All or nothing BAND EVERYTHING or band nothing. Since there doesn't seem to be a push for banding everything.....

Keep the JCBA and SLI apart - period.
ALPA merer policy states JCBA and SLI remain seperate processes.
Follow through on the agreement.

The UALMEC owes you NOTHING.

And please don't act like CAL was UALs savior.

Enough of the negotiating in public that BOTH of our MECs has apparently sunk to. See how well it has worked so far?!
Both MECs should be locked in a room until an agreement is reached. Give them food and water and bathroom facilities but no bed or shower. Then start a clock. In a week we would be beyond this issue.

Come on SHREK, we don't have that attitude at CAL. I also don't believe CAL is UAL's savior, but in a way, it is. We're gonna bring things to mold that you've wanted for a long time. It's gonna be a well run airline, Tilton is gone, and we need to come together and work it out. The reason why you have 1500 pilots furloughed is because YOUR MEC gave up scope. The reason why you guys have terrible wages is because you had a gun to your head. We're trying to get this all worked out, but now everything is being stalled for a few pilots that consider the 744 the grand poobah. It wasn't about pay, it was about status and category for a seniority grab. Nothing more, nothing less. So ask your reps what's going on and watch the spin. I'm extremely frustrated because I have no money and I drive a car with 200,000 miles on it that's blowing smoke. I'm fed up and now your side is stalling it because they want MORE. They want more at the sacrifice of all the CAL pilots. WTF?? It's unfortunate..........

Last edited:
Come on SHREK, we don't have that attitude at CAL. I also don't believe CAL is UAL's savior, but in a way, it is. We're gonna bring things to mold that you've wanted for a long time. It's gonna be a well run airline, Tilton is gone, and we need to come together and work it out. The reason why you have 1500 pilots furloughed is because YOUR MEC gave up scope. The reason why you guys have terrible wages is because you had a gun to your head. We're trying to get this all worked out, but now everything is being stalled for a few pilots that consider the 744 the grand poobah. It wasn't about pay, it was about status and category for a seniority grab. Nothing more, nothing less. So ask your reps what's going on and watch the spin. I'm extremely frustrated because I have no money and I drive a car with 200,000 miles on it that's blowing smoke. I'm fed up and now your side is stalling it because they want MORE. They want more at the sacrifice of all the CAL pilots. WTF?? It's unfortunate..........

You are correct SIR! United with Tilton was a sinking ship. What is up with these UAL pilots? They are sounding a lot like USAir East pilots.

Last edited:
Trust me, we don't WANT anything. We are already having to expend resources to defend our scope section which is now under direct attack because of YOUR scope section. That is a fact.

If your MEC wants to play games and keep the furloughed guys out even longer, that's their business. They are f**king over a huge chunk of the seniority list in a futile attempt to advantage a tiny sliver- makes sense to me.

And we are expending resources to bring up your FAR min QOL sections of your contract - what is your point?

If you think it only involves the super senior - you would be wrong. You either band ALL flying together or NONE. Since I have not heard any news of total banding in terms of pay.......I say none period.

Believe me - we don't want any part of your MECs version of playing "games" either. Keep on beating your chest until you let the Transition Agreement die. We can compare what our seperate contracts will look like afterwards. It will be a disaster in the meantime - your choice.

Keep the JCBA and SLI seperate. Read it again because there are some on your MEC that thinks that it will be a part of SLI proceedings - it won't.

Keep me furloughed for another 8 years then - we need to get this JCBA done right.

I am fully behind the UALMEC on this issue.

I was responding to Vref+10's post and his grand idea that our MEC chairman should appologize - horse....

I have been relatively quiet since the beggining and took a measured approach - my patience is running thin since the embarassing - in public - LEC and MEC letters from both sides accusing this and that. These should never be in writing and posted to the net.

We ARE talking to our reps and what we hear is very different than what is posted here by CAL pilots.

The 747 IS the grand poobah and it will be paid as such. We have historically had seperate payscales for aircraft and actually extrapollated all payrates from the top aircraft (747 ). Pay was tied to payload and gross weight and then flowed down from there. During bankruptcy we gave all that away and for many reasons that I am sure we both are aware of.

Well, it is time we get all that back and more. Most UAL pilots think that to have the 747/777 pay banded - it would be a concession, period.

It would be shot down in an instant........

Whatitdoing thank you for the serious reply - we will get through this eventually as a group.

You are correct SIR! United with Tilton was a sinking ship. What is up with these UAL pilots? They are sounding a lot like USAir East pilots.

Miraculous that we made money right when it suits them huh?

Yeah UAL was definitely going down.........lol.

Kinda ironic that you would say that we are sounding like USAir East. The JCBA and SLI should be seperate - we all agreed to it. Now that we call BS because you are trying to tie JCBA and SLI arguments together a member of your MEC in the Denver meeting stood up and said he was willing to hold up the JCBA INDEFINITELY until the 747/777 pay was banded.

Who's sounding more like the East?

I am done on this subject - CAL pilots go ahead and bash away at what little unity we have - see where that gets us in a few years. I guess I will have to wait until another Magenta Line comes out.

I'm not bashing you SHREK or any other UAL pilot. We all need to move on. What's been going on at CAL/UAL ALPA is childish and immature. You're right, they shouldn't of aired their issue in the public. It should of been internal. I'm hoping you guys get back on the line soon. First rounds on me when all this bs works out. Cheers.......

And we are expending resources to bring up your FAR min QOL sections of your contract - what is your point?

If you think the two are comparable, that's laughable. One of the reasons you can claim a QOL advantage, that I don't buy by the way, is because you essentially parked an entire fleet of narrowbodies. Show me one single issue, right now, that is being battled because of a "QOL" issue. I'll give you a hint... there are none. The battle over scope started with bringing your scope clause to the party. If we lose that battle, you are going to stay furloughed for a long time.

I ask again, if the UAL NC, the CAL NC, the UAL MEC Chairman, the CAL MEC Chairman, and the CAL MEC ALL thought it was acceptable....what happened? An attempted seniority grab happened that is directly impacting how long it is going to take guys like you to get back. If you're good with that...so be it.

We have historically had seperate payscales for aircraft and actually extrapollated all payrates from the top aircraft (747 ). Pay was tied to payload and gross weight and then flowed down from there. During bankruptcy we gave all that away and for many reasons that I am sure we both are aware of.

Well, it is time we get all that back and more. Most UAL pilots think that to have the 747/777 pay banded - it would be a concession, period.

It would be shot down in an instant........

You realize, of course, that historically speaking the 747 has always generated the most revenue- not anymore. That is quite obvious when you see how many 747's are in the desert and almost all of them have been replaced by 777's. If you don't think that factored into the equation in the DL-NW merger, I have a bridge for sale.

I'm not bashing you SHREK or any other UAL pilot. We all need to move on. What's been going on at CAL/UAL ALPA is childish and immature. You're right, they shouldn't of aired their issue in the public. It should of been internal. I'm hoping you guys get back on the line soon. First rounds on me when all this bs works out. Cheers.......

Thanks brother....it will taste pretty damned good :)

Latest resources

Back