• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Messaba CRJ

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
To clarify, PHX is only in our hotel list (in our monthly bid packages). But yeah, who knows til NWA updates their timetables and PARS. Our first CRJ revenue flight is scheduled til October.

My guess for why we have PHX in the bid pack is because of Honeywell PHX. We have lycoming/honeywell engines on the avro and Honeywell has an engine repair/overhaul facility at Skyharbor. If you look in the bidpack at the PHX hotel it says "Honeywell rate" or something like that.

CRJ cities... we know DSM and CWA will be at least 2 of them, since that's where overnight mx will be done. I'm guessing the XJ CRJs will take over some saab flying or maybe avro flying, but I doubt anything new will come of the CRJ, at least in the beginning.

FO

Initial 4 CRJ captains

Initial CRJ captains are for the line checkairmen (instructors). Classes for the normal people start in Sept. Talked with Eric today and Sept classes are tentatively on the 5th (4 capt) and later in the month (2 capt). Suppose to be 3 weeks in MSP and 3 weeks in Montreal (CPT and sim).

Chris9702l said:
Initial CRJ captains are for the line checkairmen (instructors). Classes for the normal people start in Sept. Talked with Eric today and Sept classes are tentatively on the 5th (4 capt) and later in the month (2 capt). Suppose to be 3 weeks in MSP and 3 weeks in Montreal (CPT and sim).

Every time I have called Crew Planning to get the low down on the CRJ training, it's a different answer from every planner. Last time I spoke with them, the first "regular" class was supposed to start on August 15th for newhires and 22nd the captain upgrades come in.

And now they're saying only 6 captain upgrades in September? Thought they wanted to do like 12CA and 12 FO per month. So much for a mid-October first revenue flight. Whatever...................... :confused:

RampTower said:
Every time I have called Crew Planning to get the low down on the CRJ training, it's a different answer from every planner. Last time I spoke with them, the first "regular" class was supposed to start on August 15th for newhires and 22nd the captain upgrades come in.

And now they're saying only 6 captain upgrades in September? Thought they wanted to do like 12CA and 12 FO per month. So much for a mid-October first revenue flight. Whatever...................... :confused:

You guys actually have crew planning? We have a crew planning answering machine. I'm convinced that either no one actually works there or they just laugh at all the messages and requests.

Yeah, we have a crew planning dept. They cancel vacations 70% of the time since 1999 and furlough pilots (numerous times) as soon as we are staffed to where we don't have to cancel vacations. I believe Mesaba's COO stated that vacation cancellation is a last resort. Funny how Mesaba has been operating in a last resort mode (either way) since I was hired 6 years ago. Planning.....yeah.

flap operator said:
CRJ cities... we know DSM and CWA will be at least 2 of them, since that's where overnight mx will be done. I'm guessing the XJ CRJs will take over some saab flying or maybe avro flying, but I doubt anything new will come of the CRJ, at least in the beginning.

FO

The little bit of buzz I have heard for the XJ guys is an increase in CRJ flying for the fall through spring in MSP.. Something to the tune of 20% more flying. 9E is not in much of a position to do much if any of that flying. I would but $$$ that it is XJ and westward and overlap on 9E flying.

Regardless, it is good to see XJ on a growth spurt!

XJ to initially take over some 9E MSP routes while 9E expands MKE and Indy. Then, due to Flaps 8 and whatever else to make it more high and hot, head west young man, head west.

So, what is the upgrade time at Mesaba if you get in the SAAB? I've always liked the SAAB.

Latest resources

Back