• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Messaba CRJ

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If anything, be GLAD you didnt get hired into the Avro. Virtually NO movement. CRJ may help things out a bit. If you're going to commute either way, then it probably doesnt matter much to you. Remember though, there are many FO's on the BAC commuting that would kill to sit reserve in MSP.

I dont know where you live, but in my opinion commuting is for the birds. Especially for a crappy reserve or build up, or even high speed line.

The people that would actually switch over to the CRJ are the ones that cant. The company locks you in equipment type for 3 years as a new hire, unless you can upgrade.

I'd gladly bid into the Saab or CRJ. The holier than thou Avro attitude is total BS, because flying the Avro comes at such an expense of QOL.

Good luck and welcome aboard. This really is a good place to be, especially right now. If you live in MSP, count your blessings you got hired in the Saab or CRJ.

Qol ?

Crizz,

How can you say that QOL suffers in the Avro? Didn't you get a full 1.5 hours (at the hotel) on a highspeed last week???

-Keith

Remember the pay is the same for all the types for F/O's and it's all multi turbine time. Last I checked noone gives you bonus points for flying a 4 engine plane any more than flying a plane with 2 flight attendants (or more). The only difference is personal QOL issues like base location and days off.

WMUSIGPI said:
Remember the pay is the same for all the types for F/O's and it's all multi turbine time. Last I checked noone gives you bonus points for flying a 4 engine plane any more than flying a plane with 2 flight attendants (or more). The only difference is personal QOL issues like base location and days off.

Bingo exactly!

WMUSIGPI said:

Spoken like a veteran already. The force is strong in this one.

What happened to the CRJ CA openings on the revised vacancy? Are we falling further behind?

From what I have been told some of the initial training will be completed at MSP and the AC specific stuff will be in Canada. Can any of you guys who have access to mymesaba see what is going on with class dates for this thing as far as FOs are concerned. I am starting to find other people who have been told the same thing as I have (waiting game) and we are all starting to wonder.

As Yudso mentioned, they just removed the mention of the 4 initial captains on vacancy 5-10 revison this afternoon. I would expect to see an award and a new all inclusive vacancy late this week or early next week.

Not to hijack the original topic (sorta related)

It might be too early, but anyone hear what cities we're flying to with the CRJ? New? overlapping? old -9 routes?

I noticed PHX in our bid packages the last two months. This was a rumor in the crewroom til I saw it. The nearest avro city is SLC? and PHX as an alternate is kinda out of the way.

I noticed PHX in our bid packages the last two months. This was a rumor in the crewroom til I saw it. The nearest avro city is SLC? and PHX as an alternate is kinda out of the way.

Considering PHX flights can sometimes goes weeks without an empty seat I doubt they would put a CRJ on it. We are doing MSP-TUS overnights and have PHX in the Jepps for an alternate. Can the avro make an 1100+ mile flight with reserves?

Latest resources

Back