• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Messaba CRJ

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey, we've got like 30+ flaps 8 airplanes.... too bad they are all used to go to FWA and TYS.

So is there any new info out there with the CRJ base etc. yet? Ive got about 1800TT 400 Multi-Turbine and 75 121 Turbine PIC (and growing at about 80-100 a month). I really want to get back home to MSP and have been considering Mesaba for months (though I have been trying to find a corporate gig out of MSP).

My primary concern would be getting MSP as a base but would love to be in the CRJ. Ive read how they will be assigning new hires over the next few months....do you think with my qualifications I would get a CRJ slot (having turbine time already etc.)

Thoughts? Thanks!

As far as qualifications go . . . in the past it didn't mean squat. I had jet time and a type and got the SAAB. Others got the AVRO without more than 100 hours of Dutchess time (and prolly 50 hours of that as "safety pilot").

Nowadays, who knows. With the CRJ based only in MSP, if you got the CRJ, you're all set. Unless of course they open up other bases . . .

Just wondering: Any XJ flap monkeys plan on bidding over to the CRJ before upgrading?

I have been hearing that around the office that 9E will reduce flying in MSP because of our growth in DTW and the IND/MKE mini-hubs. It is an expectation that came as an almost immeadiate result of the CRJ's being placed with XJ.

Initial XJ CRJ routes out of MSP:

Moline, Ill. (MLI)
Central Wisconsin (CWA)
Bismarck, N.D. (BIS)
Little Rock, Ark. (LIT)
Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW)
Aberdeen, S.D. (ABR)
Waterloo, Iowa (ALO)
Appleton, Wis. (ATW)
Des Moines, Iowa. (DSM)

Latest resources

Back