• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For 07-05 I had seniority number 450 in my mind but didn't have the courage to post it. Turns out I was pretty close. I would imagine 07-06 will run down to around 475 with a lot of filling in the gaps between the low and the high side.

It looks like senior guys and gals are going to take either the 900 or 200, what ever comes first. Why not since there is not much of a pay difference and if all the 200's go to MSP you would be sitting pretty on that list vs. only 6 or so 900's to MSP then they start filling in DTW and MEM with the next 15 A/C or what ever it is. Which could leave a senior dude on the 900 with reserve in MSP for a while making about the same as a line holder on the 200 with people below you, and possibly a better schedule with more scheduled days off. My gut tells me once the senior dudes realize quality of life might be better on the 200 they will push the union to work out a deal with the company to operate the two fleets as one which could be a win win for everyone. (Of course I mean with appropriate pay over rides)

As far as junior upgrades now might be the time to take advantage of it. Once summer is over it may go more senior for a little while. Politics a side its just nice to see some rapid movement for a change, almost too good to be true. (tomorrow is Friday???)

For 07-05 I had seniority number 450 in my mind but didn't have the courage to post it. Turns out I was pretty close. I would imagine 07-06 will run down to around 475 with a lot of filling in the gaps between the low and the high side.

It looks like senior guys and gals are going to take either the 900 or 200, what ever comes first. Why not since there is not much of a pay difference and if all the 200's go to MSP you would be sitting pretty on that list vs. only 6 or so 900's to MSP then they start filling in DTW and MEM with the next 15 A/C or what ever it is. Which could leave a senior dude on the 900 with reserve in MSP for a while making about the same as a line holder on the 200 with people below you, and possibly a better schedule with more scheduled days off. My gut tells me once the senior dudes realize quality of life might be better on the 200 they will push the union to work out a deal with the company to operate the two fleets as one which could be a win win for everyone. (Of course I mean with appropriate pay over rides)

As far as junior upgrades now might be the time to take advantage of it. Once summer is over it may go more senior for a little while. Politics a side its just nice to see some rapid movement for a change, almost too good to be true. (tomorrow is Friday???)

The MSP CRJ 200 went all the way down to #71. Wouldn't be suprised to see it slip over #100 for the late June class award. DTW guys wont touch the 200 and the senior MSP guys will mostly hold out for the 900.

Last edited:
I would venture a guess .... starting around senority # 570 (late feb 05 hire late feb 06 furlough) or so these pilots do not have 1000 hours of XJ block required for upgrade nor two years on property. I fall in this range and have blocked just over 800.

1000 hours or two years or service (not continuous). 24.13. According to the contract they will reduce years of service by months until they fill the vacancy. once they exhaust the list they can hire to fill the position. Most guys around my doh are probably close to the 800 mark and should be able to get to one thousand once we are off reserve for a couple of months.

1000 hours or two years or service (not continuous). 24.13. According to the contract they will reduce years of service by months until they fill the vacancy. once they exhaust the list they can hire to fill the position. Most guys around my doh are probably close to the 800 mark and should be able to get to one thousand once we are off reserve for a couple of months.

I was told by training that the only upgrade requirement is ATP mins.

I was told by training that the only upgrade requirement is ATP mins.

Isn't the XJ upgrade requirement 2 years at the company or 1,000 XJ Block Hours?

Due to SJS, pay and the ability to actually hold a CRJ CA slot over a Saab slot, I'm sure alot of Saab FOs will not bid Saab Ca, waiting to catch a CRJ upgrade.

In this case, it seems to me, a new hire could expect a quick upgrade (about 1 year). In this scenario, they wouldn't have the 2 years at XJ or the 1,000 block hours. So then what? Something has to give.

Insight???

the last couple posts are pretty much true concerning who is waiting for what upgrades. A lot of MSP FO's are waiting for this fall to upgrade. Its funny, just a few months ago I was thinking any upgrade for me would mean a commute, now it seems msp Saab was available. I think I will try for the next class, how about anyone else? Any word from any other msp fo's bidding higher than the mid 40's on the msp list would be appreciated.

Some DTW captains bid over to MSP to get into class on the 900 (07-06 or -07). Most will probably hold DTW with the 07-09 award. That should (??) open up a few additional MSP sf captain spots besides those on the 07-10 vacancy......i think.

Latest resources

Back