Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Nolife

Tired Member
How long are Saab upgrades running these days and how are the schedules?

I just talked to a 10+ year captain on the Saab that was still on reserve.

Upgrades are around 6.5 years but everyone on property will be a captain in less that two years with 53 jets coming our way. I expect to be in class for upgrade this summer but with the current rate of hiring and growth I'll probably have a line by the time I'm done. If you want a place to go Mesaba would be a good place to be right now with all the growth to come.

We have already added almost 100 pilots to our seniority list since March. I bet some of those guys will see the left seat very quickly. Just because the most junior Captain right now has 7-8 years seniority does not mean that it will take a new hire 7-8 years to upgrade. Mesaba will double in size over a short period of time.

:beer:

yup upgrades were in the mid 600's before the bankruptcy. And we are set to be at that same size fleet in a little over a year. Unless we start loosing more Saabs these first couple new hire classes could see a shot at captain in less than 2 years.

Loose the Saab's?????? Are you crazy we have been told a zillion times that is our "Core" bidness. Jingle Pants said thanks for our hard work we have now "secured" our "Core" fleet of SF3's.

Besides were would they go.....hmm... Colgan...Big Sky...naaa they would never do that as we grow and get ready to set off some of them wage recovery triggers.....would they??

just had spongebob in rgs he said all crj200's to msp,6 crj900's msp,then ramp up dtw then 900's to mem by early 2008.. .insane amount of training going on by summer..newbies being told if u are on property now u upgrade within 18mths.. .1st time i've seen spongebob without body armor in years,hardly recognized him...still had those public speaking SKILLS though..what a tool

just had spongebob in rgs he said all crj200's to msp,

If all 15 CRJ-200's are going to be in MSP then why is PCL creating massive amounts of vacancies for MSP crews scheduled for late summer?

Not to mention the lack of vacancies in MEM for the same time period.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back