• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba Tool

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When I was at Eagle we had a captain like this, his nickname was professor, as he insisted that he was a professor at Auburn University in his free time. Oh and also that he invented the space shuttle windows. His initials are C.S.

I thought Al Gore invented Space Shuttle windows. Actually, I thought he invented the whole Space Shuttle.

Wow, this is a bit over the top...every place has its nutters, but this guy actually cares enough to do his job and seems interested in making it more enjoyable (if only for himself) and you guys jump on it? I don't know, but listening to the barrage of idiots screwing up everything in sight on the radio is much more annoying than a goofball on the air who knows what he's doing.

Stu is just like Richard Simmons. He annoys the hell out of everyone around him, but at the end of the day you're just jealous you're not as happy as he is.

"Be jovial!"

Heard this on tower in DTW. Wx was down to minimums.

"HAAAAAAAAAAAY tower how you doin? XXXX with you on the invisible on the right Syyyyde with rocks star parking at CXX."

I was embarassed for who ever was flying with him.

I've spent many hours in the cockpit with Stu and have been utterly embarrassed more than once. They were very frustrating and it's no exaggeration about the stuff he say's over the radio or the stuff he rights up. After a while, I just politely turned down his request to radio in to mx about the pen holders. He was cool with it and did it himself.

But I tell you what, he's the nicest guy in the world and would do just about anything for you if you needed it. I've never seen him mad or upset and he's a great stick.

Of course, it's easy for me to say now that it's been a few years since I had to do 3 back to back 8 hour days with him.:laugh:

I still hear him on the radio once in a while as he's hard to miss.

Here's to you Stu, ya dork.:beer:

Suck it, Stu.

Having flown with my fair share, I will never understand the mental midgets who feel the need to deviate from standard procedures and add their own "twist" in an effort to stand out. Face it, there are some people who, for lack of a better term, "ain't right."

Stu, you're contributing nothing to the career but a lack of professionalism.

Having flown with my fair share, I will never understand the mental midgets who feel the need to deviate from standard procedures and add their own "twist" in an effort to stand out. Face it, there are some people who, for lack of a better term, "ain't right."

Stu, you're contributing nothing to the career but a lack of professionalism.
You are right. I think it's about time we make some calls to pro-standards. His radio phraseology is unprofessional at best. It's time he becomes a professional pilot. If he wants to pull the General aviation weekend warrior crap, he needs to throw in the towl. But as long as he wants to work at a professional carrier, he needs to shape up or ship out.
Enough is enough!

Question...

How many of you Mesaba pilots have, or are willing, to personally express your feelings to him face-to-face?

Latest resources

Back