Mesaba Tool

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Like the write up:
"Cockpit floor is too dusty/dirty, if rapid depressurization occurs the poor visibility in the cockpit will make it hard to see."

When maintenance came on the airplane they basically told him to F-off and clean the floor himself.
Some guys just don't get it. The sad truth is he actually is serious when he writes this crap up. That's whats so disturbing about it. I wonder if he cares that the Mechanics have more important things to do then replace pen holders that nobody uses?
Answer: He cannot comprehend that his actions are completely foolish and inapropriate.
Some folks will never get it.

But at the end of the day he's no "Ice Cream Man" or Crabtree.

You are a tool, number one, he is a good guy, you most likely are not. Number two, when he is PIC, and decides to write something up, his choice. End of conversation. If you have a problem with a guy, take it to him or if you think there is a bigger issue, take it to pro standards. Some guys are too big of a tool to figure things out, stu is not one of them. those of you who do, have already gotten the call from a pro standards guy.

Mesaba GHB

You are right. I think it's about time we make some calls to pro-standards. His radio phraseology is unprofessional at best. It's time he becomes a professional pilot. If he wants to pull the General aviation weekend warrior crap, he needs to throw in the towl. But as long as he wants to work at a professional carrier, he needs to shape up or ship out.
Enough is enough!

Why don't you get a job at a Professional Carrier?

A professional carrier?....are you smoking crack?

What a @#%$# tool.

Sir, your indoc has GHB in the PBE.

"At Mesaba Airlines: We know how to get high." "I mean fly."

Last edited:
You are right. I think it's about time we make some calls to pro-standards. His radio phraseology is unprofessional at best. It's time he becomes a professional pilot. If he wants to pull the General aviation weekend warrior crap, he needs to throw in the towl. But as long as he wants to work at a professional carrier, he needs to shape up or ship out.
Enough is enough!
Are you kidding? If that was the case, prostans needs a couple of hundred other calls for all the "professionals" and their radio ettiquet.
I'll take Stu any day of the week, at least he's joking about it, the others don't even know what they're doing/saying.

Question...

How many of you Mesaba pilots have, or are willing, to personally express your feelings to him face-to-face?
There are many over the years who have confronted him. He doesn't care. He's in his own world and doesn't give a crap about the guy/gal he's flying with. He comes to work to goof off on the PA and on his radio transmissions with ATC. He has been doing it for years and will not stop. Hopefully he will come to his senses someday and keep the foolish radio talk to once a day. 3-5 times a day over a decade or two is enough. We get the point Stu. Everyone gets the point. Please stop on behalf of all of the carriers that fly into the Red tail hubs. I know I speak for the mass majority.

Are you kidding? If that was the case, prostans needs a couple of hundred other calls for all the "professionals" and their radio ettiquet.
I'll take Stu any day of the week, at least he's joking about it, the others don't even know what they're doing/saying.

This case is much different. This is a continuing problem and it seems to be getting worse. If a pilot is brand new to the world of flying (250-500 hrs.) they say things on the radio that sound retarded all the time. They will learn with experience. Stu knows better.

I know lots of people are annoyed, but have never once heard anyone complain about him not being safe.

How about getting rid of the dispatcher some call "GERBIL" instead?

The Mesaba pilots nominate you to confront him.
Don't work there and don't have a problem with his "behavior"....sorry to disappoint.

Just enjoying the FI.com Internet Tough Guys who talk a ton of sh!t about somebody but won't say anything to them directly.

You should all wear your epaulets backwards, in protest! That will teach him!

I know lots of people are annoyed, but have never once heard anyone complain about him not being safe.

How about getting rid of the dispatcher some call "GERBIL" instead?
Safety is not the issue, it's professionalism. He is representing an entire group of pilots in a negative manner. When pilots of other carriers ask me if that was just a new "9" pilot on the radio acting like an idiot I have to tell them "no," it's actually a senior Captain with the company. The only response is a roll of the eyes and disbelief. It's truly Sad. I can't say it enough. I apologize to anyone who has to experience it. We're doing are best to resolve the issue.

Latest resources

Back