Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba to get 900's and Q's For DELTA!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The last thing we want at Mesaba is to have our pilot group lumped in with some of those other regional carriers.
Too late... mesa ring a bell?

Nice try SEVEN, I've had too many of your little 'better than everyone else' punks in my jumpseat to know better.
Welcome back. It's been a while. Are you sure you want to enter the lion's den?
Even though your user name is out of date, you should not change it. The way things are going at your carrier, you'll be back in the right seat swinging gear in no time.

:uzi: foforever:smash:

There are sure some tools out there! I think the saabs are the best thing for Mesaba, it keeps those young punks from wanting to come to our airline-the ones that interview anyways, are sure to screw up and show their true self at least once to those in HR and our pilots who interview! I think when we were hiring a while back-a few months ago and were forced to hire some idiots (yes, those 900 primadonna's who were "hand picked" for their above average skill and having the knowledge to wear their epilettes backwards) we learned our lessons about hiring idiots. I heard a story of a line check airman who confronted one of the 900 FO's who was wearing his the wrong way. the fo said he wore them that way because he was on the 900, the LCA said he heard it was for not being able to pass his IOE without over a 100 hours of being spoonfed how to fly

You sure sound to like one of those 7-year Saab FOs who either couldn’t make it through the 900 upgrade training and was sent back to being an FO on Saab, or opted to stay on the Saab as a captain when you could easily hold 900 captain (of course after hearing about how tough some of you - seven-year Saab FO hotshots - found the 900 upgrade training was). I have flown with 3 former Saab Hotshots/turboprops/know-it-alls and I have to use your own quote: “…forced to hire some idiots.” Remember, the ‘release from freeze’ clause so XJ can get 900 captains whether they are ready or not?

You talk about a new-hire 900 pilot, I talk about a 7-year Saab FO who just upgraded and you just wonder. LCAs let them lose on the line just as they did a brand new FO with whom you feel so much jealousy. I have been on the 900 for a while and have never heard any LCA or any captain ever mentioning about backwards ‘epaulettes’, but you sure found out about it somehow.

You talk about long IOE so I sure believe you know how long some the hotshot Saab FOs took on the 900 upgrade IOE. How about the three who were sent back to Saab FO position. Why not name them here. You sure know them, don’t ya? When you do that, also post the name of brand new, hotshot, 900 shell-shocked FOs who failed IOE. You can’t, because there are NONE! [But it doesn’t mean at all that there won’t be any in future].

Now let’s talk about attitudes of new hires and those who have been at any given airline for some time. What dictates how one behaves does not have much do with whether they fly a piston, twin piston, turboprop, jet; whether they are new-hire or a seasoned captain; whether they are young or old; whether they fly a 747 for a major Int’l airline or a 900 FO for Mesaba; it depends on their ‘Personality’ and ‘Attitude’. No one pilot group is better or worst than the other. The only way you can ever prove that you were, as s new hire, and are now, better than these new hires is to provide a detailed video, voice-recording, and extensive paperwork of your own hiring, training, and IOE and subsequent years of flying the Saab for XJ. Believe me that the only way you guys can prove you were and are better then the new hires of today. We have no way of knowing how long you took on the IOE and how many times you failed your oral/check rides and PCs. No way!

So, I suggest that you let it go and accept everyone as your new colleague knowing full well that today’s new hires are just as good (or bad) as the ones that were hired at any given time before. You talk about wearing an epaulette backwards, I talk about this 900 captain who doesn’t change his shirt on a four day trip and proudly tells everyone. You talk about attitudes of new hire, I talk about attitudes of seasoned 900 captains; you talk about new hires wearing iPods, I talk about NW747 captain seen by your truly at the gate waiting for Tokyo flight wearing an iPod; you talk about spiked hair, I talk about senior 900 captains who don’t shave or comb their hair and show up in shabby, un-ironed uniforms. The list goes on.

To be fair though, there are indeed new hires in our 900 program that are downright arrogant and there are arrogant, stuck-up seasoned pilots on the 900/200/Saab along with nice, polite, professional, competent, knowledgeable, skilled new hire pilots and old captains.

Personally, you seem to ‘rant’ too much (pardon the redundancy) about the new hires. Next time, when you’re in the crew room, (Mesaba that is) just look around post some informative, unbiased observations about new/old/jet/prop pilots. Unfortunately, I have a feeling you’re quite incapable of doing so and that assumption is purely based on your behavior on this board (Personality + Attitude = Behavior).

You sure sound to like one of those 7-year Saab FOs who either couldn’t make it through the 900 upgrade training and was sent back to being an FO on Saab...

Good freaking Lord... Who are you?

There is more unadulterated pure B.S. in this one post than the rest of F.I. combined (and that is saying something).

You don't have a clue about what you are talking about so just clamp it shut before you make a bigger idiot of yourself. Just because you haven't seen some of this stuff doesn't mean it isn't happening. We have a little pride here, so we don't broadcast when people have issues or struggle in training. Sorry you aren't "in the know" on everything.

Just shut up already.

You sure sound to like one of those 7-year Saab FOs who either couldn’t make it through the 900 upgrade training and was sent back to being an FO on Saab, or opted to stay on the Saab as a captain when you could easily hold 900 captain (of course after hearing about how tough some of you - seven-year Saab FO hotshots - found the 900 upgrade training was). I have flown with 3 former Saab Hotshots/turboprops/know-it-alls and I have to use your own quote: “…forced to hire some idiots.” Remember, the ‘release from freeze’ clause so XJ can get 900 captains whether they are ready or not?

You talk about a new-hire 900 pilot, I talk about a 7-year Saab FO who just upgraded and you just wonder. LCAs let them lose on the line just as they did a brand new FO with whom you feel so much jealousy. I have been on the 900 for a while and have never heard any LCA or any captain ever mentioning about backwards ‘epaulettes’, but you sure found out about it somehow.

You talk about long IOE so I sure believe you know how long some the hotshot Saab FOs took on the 900 upgrade IOE. How about the three who were sent back to Saab FO position. Why not name them here. You sure know them, don’t ya? When you do that, also post the name of brand new, hotshot, 900 shell-shocked FOs who failed IOE. You can’t, because there are NONE! [But it doesn’t mean at all that there won’t be any in future].

Now let’s talk about attitudes of new hires and those who have been at any given airline for some time. What dictates how one behaves does not have much do with whether they fly a piston, twin piston, turboprop, jet; whether they are new-hire or a seasoned captain; whether they are young or old; whether they fly a 747 for a major Int’l airline or a 900 FO for Mesaba; it depends on their ‘Personality’ and ‘Attitude’. No one pilot group is better or worst than the other. The only way you can ever prove that you were, as s new hire, and are now, better than these new hires is to provide a detailed video, voice-recording, and extensive paperwork of your own hiring, training, and IOE and subsequent years of flying the Saab for XJ. Believe me that the only way you guys can prove you were and are better then the new hires of today. We have no way of knowing how long you took on the IOE and how many times you failed your oral/check rides and PCs. No way!

So, I suggest that you let it go and accept everyone as your new colleague knowing full well that today’s new hires are just as good (or bad) as the ones that were hired at any given time before. You talk about wearing an epaulette backwards, I talk about this 900 captain who doesn’t change his shirt on a four day trip and proudly tells everyone. You talk about attitudes of new hire, I talk about attitudes of seasoned 900 captains; you talk about new hires wearing iPods, I talk about NW747 captain seen by your truly at the gate waiting for Tokyo flight wearing an iPod; you talk about spiked hair, I talk about senior 900 captains who don’t shave or comb their hair and show up in shabby, un-ironed uniforms. The list goes on.

To be fair though, there are indeed new hires in our 900 program that are downright arrogant and there are arrogant, stuck-up seasoned pilots on the 900/200/Saab along with nice, polite, professional, competent, knowledgeable, skilled new hire pilots and old captains.

Personally, you seem to ‘rant’ too much (pardon the redundancy) about the new hires. Next time, when you’re in the crew room, (Mesaba that is) just look around post some informative, unbiased observations about new/old/jet/prop pilots. Unfortunately, I have a feeling you’re quite incapable of doing so and that assumption is purely based on your behavior on this board (Personality + Attitude = Behavior).

I predict this thread will now be another 10 pages long.

Next time, when you’re in the crew room, (Mesaba that is) just look around post some informative, unbiased observations about new/old/jet/prop pilots. Unfortunately, I have a feeling you’re quite incapable of doing so and that assumption is purely based on your behavior on this board (Personality + Attitude = Behavior).

This is why I don't "hang out" in the crewwroom. I don't need to waste my time observing what everyone else around me is doing or saying. Go read a book or something.
Speaking of crewrooms, I heard a new one opened up in Memphis.

Last edited:
I am honored by the amount of times i have been quoted-and I was just trying to bring us together-read some of my stuff- But emeliaE has her panties bunched up and cannot think stright-a 700 word rant and she says I rant? I fully admit to going on and on! Oh by the way, i love ipods, and no I am not a 7 year saab FO, but know pleanty, and they have their reasons. I also flew with those old 900/avro senior guys. Yes, some are a bit quirkie to say the least. I agree with E about its not where you have been and so on and so on-idiots are everywhere-but the story of the 900 FO's are so numerous, I must think there is some truth to the rumor. Oh, and by the way, I have been here since 03' so i am not who you think I am, i am a 200 captain who tries to make anytrip I fly a good experience for the FA and the FO (and passangers) If i am in a bad mood, i try not to show it, i might be quiet, thats it. if I meet someone with an ego the size of yours.....you sure seem defensive, I will not tolerate it, oh by the way, you are so entertaining, I wish I were on the 900, you would be fun to fly with. I mean that in a sincere way, i mean i love it when someone goes off, goes ballistic! I love it, and try to not take FI too seriously, some of us know each other in real life here, and laugh at whats said. I am trying to beat E's 700 word rant......Oh I will add one thing, i am not jealous, I have been here through the worst and love that some have the chance to have it good around here. Seriously, I do not live by the motto, If I were crapped on, so must everyone else! The FO's I have talked with that know they have never seen a bad schedule, they know they are lucky, and I am happy for them. Gosh darn it...I am done here. I will say it once again, lets all try to get along and thank your local union rep for doing a job which is a huge pain in the buttox! cheers!

You sure sound to like one of those 7-year Saab FOs who either couldn’t make it through the 900 upgrade training and blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

You talk about blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

You talk about blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

Now let’s talk about blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

So, I suggest blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

To be fair though, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

Personally, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

like pushing bamboo under my finger nails...

Wow good to see someone is being productive with ready reserve/long airport appreciation breaks.....

Latest resources

Back