Mesaba to Furlough?!?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
blackbox said:
what happened to the new hires that were in training for the CRJ?

If Mesaba doesn't get all of the 32 voluntary furloughs they want, then the current non-CRJ FOs (by seniority) will bump out the newhire CRJ FOs and the company will have to spend more money retraining CRJ FOs (since the first CRJ class has already finished ground school and is up in Montreal for FTD/sim training).

Basically it's a straight inverse seniority flush and the company will end up spending twice as much training a new CRJ FO. :beer: All depends how many voluntaries they get out of this.

BAe-146

I know a pilot that use to work for the company I fly for. He got hired in July for the BAe-146... He was in Sim training at the end of Aug. Is he totally screwed, will he have a job still at Christmas???

From the CRJ announcement in late April to NWA's bankruptcy and ultimately furloughing?! We barely got the first couple of CRJs on property!!!.... and now concessionary bargaining? Man, the party barely got started and it's already over with. :bawling:

are those 13 going to count toward the first 32? Guess either way I need to start packing. I won't be able to stay at CVG the way it looks.

I haven't a clue. I thought that the voluntary had to go through first. But after numerous phone tag attempts, I guess the only dispute is whether they violated the 14 day notice. Which I am told they can bypass by giving those people pay for two more weeks.

Which, if they didn't finish training, they don't have any recall rights do they?

I don't know ... I am just surprised they didn't send all 20 home ... at least that's what was shown on the last award for new hire openings...

Latest resources

Back