Mesaba TA passes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Very nice post.

Here's to growth for Mesaba, and for AWAC-or-better contracts for those still in negotiations.

EL10,

Thank you for the post. You are a voice of reason and XJers appreciate it. PCL will have our support just as you gave it to us.

The only four year FO's at Pinnacle are the ones who either choose to be FO's or got hired with 500 hours and don't have the time yet. Upgrades are 2.5 years right now and falling.

EDIT: added year in between "four" and "FO's"

Last edited:
JJJ,

And when early 2005 comes around you think we will have 725 captains at this company? Airplanes will stop coming. You sound so sure that the music will not stop any time soon. You are insulting all of our new hires by forgetting that they are of this seniority list just as you are. By the way don’t you and Mesaba2425 have date together tonight?

EL10

How about if I fixed a typo and added the word year between "four" and "FO's"? Would that change your response at all?

BTW, welcome to the board. Cheap shots do not gain credibility to your posts either.

Credibility comes from facts proper interpretation not someone’s comments. But you are right I did “flame” you and I apologize.

But I just hear it over and over again that people believe everything will be status quo and continuous growth here. What is your prediction will be the most junior line holder and most junior reserve pilot seniority number? Then after you do that figure out there hire date and their longevity will be in 2005,2006,2007 and who knows how long after that. Like I said above we have already hired our last FO that will upgrade. With the accelerated delivery schedule we will just get to that pilot even that much quicker. Look at how divided the pilots at Mesaba became over FO issues. Do you want the same kind of division amongst our pilots? Don’t forget the junior people and their interests are as equal as the senior.

BTW, Also I am as new to this board as you are JJJ

Growth will continue over the next 2 years, after that who knows. With 129 airplanes and 4.3 crew per airplane, I'm guessing that there will be at least 555 captains by the end of 2005.

As far as predicting what the most junior captain will be at the end of 2005, that is difficult to do as many factors come into play.

Based of 4.3 crews per airplane, we'll just assume that there will be a total of 555 captains and everyone that is able to upgrade (ie has the time) does. During the next two years there will be attrition. 3 pilots leaving a month, due to other jobs and firing, would be 72 by the end of 2005. There are also pilots that won't have the time to upgrade (mostly GIA, but others as well) maybe 50 of these. This would make seniority number 677 today able to upgrade within the next two years.

To further lower the number, there are FO's that don't want to upgrade. Look at the FO list now and see how many are able to upgrade, but don't want to. I'll assume that there will be 30 FO's that choose not to upgrade. That would move todays seniority number to 707.

I think that attrition will pick up over the next two years, but don't know how many FO's will or will not have the time in the next tww years.

My prediction is that the pilots around 730 right now will be able to upgrade by the end of 2005.

As to predicting to most junior line holder, that is even harder. Just look at the past six months. Reserve coverage has been from 30% to 10%. Also the quality of the junior lines varies every month. Some pilots would rather have a commutable reserve line than a non-commutable line.

When we do get a new contract they will have to upgrade and hire more as well due to changes in work rules. They can't continue with 4.3 crews per airplane for ever.

There is also a possibility that we will get more airplanes in 2006. NWA still has options for 175 CRJ's. Even if we don't get more airplanes, attrition will not stop when deliveries stop. There will still be upgrades.

The pilots that are being hired now will be able to upgrade, it just might take a few more years.

According to www.dictionary.com:

sucker

n 1: a person who is gullible and easy to take advantage of [syn: chump, fish, fool, gull, mark, patsy, fall guy, schlemiel, shlemiel, soft touch, mug]

also: see Mesaba pilots that voted for the TA

mesaba2425 said:

sucker

n 1: a person who is gullible and easy to take advantage of [syn: chump, fish, fool, gull, mark, patsy, fall guy, schlemiel, shlemiel, soft touch, mug]

Also according to www.dictionary.com:

Loser:

a. One that fails consistently, especially a person with bad luck or poor skills

b. One that is bad in quality

c. also see Mesaba2425

Sincerely,

B. Franklin

mesaba2425 said:

sucker

Dictionary.com has no definition for Mesaba2425. Allow me to help.

Imagine an empty football stadium 3 full hours after the football game is over, the teams have cleared the field, showered and left the locker rooms for their home or their buses. Fans from both teams have left the stadium for their cars, and for the most part have exited the parking lots. A few groundskeepers are finishing up the last touches of preparing the field to weather the night ahead. The last of the cleaners are sweeping up the popcorn boxes and softdrink cups from between the seats, and darkness is beginning to fall. And yet, there in the endzone bleachers, 16 rows up, red-faced screaming, is Mesaba2425 yelling "LOUSY CALL, REF ! LOUSY CALLLLL!"

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back