• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba TA passes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just curious why you would vote yes on such a pathetic contract? Yes, I have seen it, and it is disgraceful. I am not attacking anyone personally, I just think you bought a lemon from a used car salesman. I am trying to understand the logic behind willing working for less than you are worth. A small DC-9 at NW has approx the same seating capacity of your Avros; an F-100 at AMR has approx the same as your Avros too. Do you think these pilots are worth more to fly similar equipment? Are you apprentice pilots, paying your dues? Did you settle beacause it is only a matter of time before you get on with a major? Why are you willing to accept only 10% of money you earned? 11 days off, a measley $2K-3K retro check? Come on, you worked 100%, you should get paid 100%!

The times have changed. Pilots really are their own worst enemy. I can answer your question which section lowers the bar for the industry: all of them! On behalf of the rest of us in the industry trying to make it better....thanks Mesaba for "lowering the bar" one more notch.

Paul McCartney said:
Just curious why you would vote yes on such a pathetic contract? Yes, I have seen it, and it is disgraceful. I am not attacking anyone personally, I just think you bought a lemon from a used car salesman. I am trying to understand the logic behind willing working for less than you are worth. A small DC-9 at NW has approx the same seating capacity of your Avros; an F-100 at AMR has approx the same as your Avros too. Do you think these pilots are worth more to fly similar equipment? Are you apprentice pilots, paying your dues? Did you settle beacause it is only a matter of time before you get on with a major? Why are you willing to accept only 10% of money you earned? 11 days off, a measley $2K-3K retro check? Come on, you worked 100%, you should get paid 100%!

The times have changed. Pilots really are their own worst enemy. I can answer your question which section lowers the bar for the industry: all of them! On behalf of the rest of us in the industry trying to make it better....thanks Mesaba for "lowering the bar" one more notch.

I agree with all of the above. In any case good luck to all, hope its what you can live with. :(

The house of cards continues to fall. When will it stop?

ACE said:
No, they did not lower the bar. Mesaba pilots voted on a TA that was a step forward for them not backward like Mesa. Granted, not as far forward as the rest of the pilots in this industry wanted to see, but nonetheless forward. The rest of us were not in thier situation at the present and have no right to judge. It was a descent TA. Congratulations Mesaba pilots.

Ace,
How is this any different than what happened at MESA? The MESA contract was a step forward for them just as you claim the MESABA contract is a step forward for the MESABA pilots. The MESA pilots sold pay for "scope" as did the MESABA pilots. Looks the same to me.

Doin' Time,

Obviously the house of cards will stop falling as soon as the first regional tops Comair. I assume you fly for PCL. I look forward to shaking your hand with congratulations when your pilot group achieves this goal in your negotiations next year. Best of luck.

MM

the problem is the contract is better for Mesaba - not better for the industry.

Yeah - you made gains, but in the process made it alot more difficult for others' to force the company to pay a good, livable wage.

It is really sad how many ignorant, angry and OVERLY idealistic people there are that can hide behind a computer keyboard here on the Internet.

And I say ignorant because all I read here is "you are screwing the profession (MEEE!!!!!! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!)." When will you cowards wake up and realize that the industry and profession has changed. THINGS change. All these great contracts that were signed a few years ago aren't going to be there anymore. The consumer mindset relating to our industry has changed. And who is paying for your salaries??? The PASSENGER.

Hats off to the Mesaba pilots for getting a contract with improvements.

I'll be keeping my keyboard sharpened for when the PCL pilots accept a sub-mesaba contract (on workrules, not pay).

All your PFT gulfstreamers are gonna vote yes on anything, I'll bet.

Mesaba pilots did well on this contract. Period.

Wanderer said:
It is really sad how many ignorant, angry and OVERLY idealistic people there are that can hide behind a computer keyboard here on the Internet.

And I say ignorant because all I read here is "you are screwing the profession (MEEE!!!!!! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!)." When will you cowards wake up and realize that the industry and profession has changed. THINGS change. All these great contracts that were signed a few years ago aren't going to be there anymore. The consumer mindset relating to our industry has changed. And who is paying for your salaries??? The PASSENGER.

Hats off to the Mesaba pilots for getting a contract with improvements.

So what?! Because the passengers have a different midset we should all take it in the A$$ on our contracts?!

How long are people going to use the post-9/11 economy as a pathetic excuse to not get what they REALLY want. Because aulthough the Mesaba contact is an improvement on what they had, I seriously doubt that it was EXACTLY what the pilots had in mind when they were ready to walk on January 9th.

When I was at that strike rally, DW and TW talked about getting a contract EQUAL to those at Comair/AWAC... Where is that mentality now?

Now CMR/AWAC is unattainable? BS! CMR had to set precident in 2001, it's time for SOMEONE to step up to the plate and continue what they started. Bad economy or not....

When you look at those pay rates..... Do you think that's what you're worth?

1st year pay?

So, what does it come out to for a newhire's first year pay at Mesaba? Previously it was somewhere around $17-18k? What is it up to now?

Latest resources

Back