Mesaba TA passes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well....

Still can't pay their bills. Still on reserve. And will be for the next four years the way I got it figured. But, feel the need to brag about better scope than Mesa ( but it's not) and industry leading work rules ( but it's not) and retirement ( last I checked a 401k was still a 401K, Not Retirement) and pay that's.....will just let that speak for itself. Just the truth and only the truth. Deal with it Mesa Ba. Come back over.

This contract sucks because it's a regional contract. It hit the regional bar- didn't move it because we're too afraid to.
We are being treated the way we've asked to be treated.
The Beatle hit the nail on the head when he pointed out that what the Avro does is the same compared to a DC9 or a Fokker, Inclusive scope said it right on too- we dropped the ball . We got our once in 5 years chance to make a huge difference and we chose to go on sucking on a pole just in case we get a shot at major.
There's no reason this can't be our major, except that we won't demand it.
Fly safe, fly the concession. Gave in '04, due in '09. Our union gave you what you wanted, so please don't bitch about any work rule for the next 5 years if you voted yes.
Looks like Mesa set the new bar- suck a c0ck just so you have a job. That's what we're doing now at XJ.
I don't like the taste, so I'm gonna bitch about it for the next 5 years.

T-Gates said:
So what?! Because the passengers have a different midset we should all take it in the A$$ on our contracts?!

How long are people going to use the post-9/11 economy as a pathetic excuse to not get what they REALLY want. Because aulthough the Mesaba contact is an improvement on what they had, I seriously doubt that it was EXACTLY what the pilots had in mind when they were ready to walk on January 9th.

When I was at that strike rally, DW and TW talked about getting a contract EQUAL to those at Comair/AWAC... Where is that mentality now?

Now CMR/AWAC is unattainable? BS! CMR had to set precident in 2001, it's time for SOMEONE to step up to the plate and continue what they started. Bad economy or not....

When you look at those pay rates..... Do you think that's what you're worth?

Thank you again for your ignorance. I am glad you posted.

I want to be paid ONE MILLION DOLLARS! Does that mean I am going to get it?

Seriously...do you NOT see what is happening in the industry? It isn't some sort of media/management bullpoop to screw "the Profession" post 9/11.

I will not defend the management here...but, for YEARS, our whole industry has been running on a pratically CRIMINAL business plan (I speak of the majors), taking other businesses (business travelers) out back and fleecing them. Finally, these businesses have smartened up and tightened their budgets...and as a result, our industry (and the horrible business models) are suffering.

And if you cannot understand that (because it seems as if all you can think about is "What is in it for ME") in those terms, try it in these: the next time you have to pay for something (ANYTHING that you think is outrageously priced), don't complain...just pay for it. You helping someone elses "profession" and have no right to complain - because it is helping them get exactly what they want.

Back to our industry: Yes, regionals are making money NOW...but have they been asked to make concessions? Some...but the "trickle down" is going to turn into a waterfall/flood relatively soon. I bet CMR management fears the sound of footsteps outside their doorways. Especially knowing what the DALPA is going through right now (trying to reach concession agreements with DAL).

We will all have to "take it." I would suggest preparing yourself by pulling your head out of your rear...or maybe just keep it up there!

Remember that 98% of us voted to authorize a strike if necessary and this TA passed by a weak 66%. Still a clearly divided group and probably will be for a long time. So do not blame the entire Mesaba pilot group for ratifying the contract.

Go figure... I suspect more people were just tired of the whole process and wanted to end it. Another victory for management. Do you hear that laughter?? Yea, it's management walking and laughing all the way to the bank. Oh well, there's nothing we can do about it now except b!tch about it for the next 5 years plus another 2 or 3 for dragged out negotiations. Lets enjoy our pretty little RJs that we're not even guaranteed. oh yea, look for the "big announcement" in the coming weeks.

Cathal,

You are doing wonders for yourself and the rest of us at XJ. Thanks. Since when did a NWA DC-9 pilot get their job coming fresh out of a college program, instructing for maybe a year and a half and plopping down in a right seat and earn $100 per hour. They started somewhere lower paying just like us. Get over it guys, we gained in every section, including pay. Starting tomorrow, my pay will go up almost 13%. If I look back a couple of weeks ago to just before my 3rd year increase my hourly pay will increase tomorrow by almost 20%.

DoinTime, NEWSOUTH,
You PCL guys still don't get it. Your current contract is what has enabled you to get those precious jets - a contract that isn't even close to ours in work rules alone. You dug your own hole we didn't dig it for you. We got a contract that IS on par with AWAC, no, it's not Comair. Now it's your turn to try and move above us. We want you to. We will support you but you will have your hands full with all of those "buy-your-job" guys because they will do your job for nothing. They have already proven that.

Good Luck!

BTW, captjim, ACE, alrightythen23, Othello it is good to hear some support and positive words. This was a tough decision for a lot of people.

Last edited:
fly4ever said:
We want you to. We will support you but you will have your hands full with all of those "buy-your-job" guys because they will do your job for nothing. They have already proven that.

1... We the pilots of PCL did not have anything to do with the hiring of GIA people. To "suggest" otherwise is foolish..

2... At over 750 pilots on the ranks currently.. how many or better yet what percentage "may be" GIA? maybe 15% When we finally become close to 1300 strong, we "may" have close to 20% of GIA people.

3... Those GIA people (most who are really good people BTW) have been screwed or better yet "holly'd" over several times over. When their time comes to upgrade there will be dozens of dudes junior to them already in the left seat. They will have paid their dues over and over again in more ways than one.

While some of the non-GIA people are worried about how they "may" vote.. it is still better than 2 years away and PCL management has plenty of time to continue screwing them over. I for one am not overly worried about those who have been "holly'd and DW'd" several times over signing anything less or equal to what we currently have.

As for Mesaba.. maybe the soft money will make a difference in the QOL, only Mesaba pilots will know and tell. I am glad it is over for them and I hope it will make an positive impact in their lives.

So much for raising the bar. I hate to say it but I told you so.

Mesaba 2425

Question for you.

Do you really enjoy being a weiner?

Just curious.

Mesaba2425,
I thought you were against us raising the bar. The good news for you and all the other work groups at XJ is that there was not a strike and the company remains just as profitable today as it was a year ago. You all get to thank the pilots for ALLOWING you to keep your jobs since we have been told this last month that it would the pilots fault for you losing your jobs.

The bad news for us is that we did not get more pay than Comair to fly airplanes that we do not have. So, I will be very happy to see the 9E TA in few years go above Comair and show the XJ pilots really how to do business.

Just a little side note here,.......But we did secure industry leading turbo prop pay (2/3 of the XJ flying) and improve our already great work rules. Oh yeah, all of MAIR's flying will be done by us. Is all of MAIR's maintenance done by XJ wrenches?

Latest resources

Back