• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba pilots strike prediction

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

If the Mesaba pilots go on strike Jan. 10, how long do you think it would last?

• There will be a settlement minutes before the midnight deadline

Votes: 42 25.1%
  • up to 1 week

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • up to 2 weeks

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • Up to 1 month

Votes: 43 25.7%
  • up to 3 months

Votes: 22 13.2%
  • up to 6 months

Votes: 8 4.8%
  • up to 1 year

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • More than 1 year

Votes: 9 5.4%

• Total voters
FN FAL said:
What remaining CRJ's? I thought NWA already doled those puppies out.

There are still 175 "options" which NWA will utilize some but I doubt all...

I don't see MSA being an "all-prop" operator.. NO whipsaw for NWA and we all know how much the love to whipsaw...

I think there will be RJ's in MSA's future.. Hopefully of the better than 50 seat type!

sf3boy said:
furloughed dude,

I do however, completely agree with your last paragraph. Just wait until someday a guy gets enough cash put together to start flying 777's and goes straight to the flight schools to get his pilots and pay them 30k to sit in the right seat. Suddenly, all the majors' pilot contracts look pretty foolish and those mainline pilots might have just priced themselves out of a job.

Tell that to the folks that were on our NWA 757-300 day before yesterday...the Cpt had a seizure and blacked out on the descent...the F/O brought her in. People want cheap tickets, but I don't think at the price of a neophyte flying them around.

ShadowFlight said:
A Reuters report from yesterday indicated that "NWA has contingency plans in place". If PCL pilots won't fly struck flights, what is NWA talking about?

Also in the same report, "We're prepared to go as long as it takes," Mesaba spokesman Dave Jackson said. "We're still hopeful, though, that we can get something done by the deadline Friday."

Gee, that's nice they are "hopeful". It comes down to "hopeful"?

What about the past two years? Why didn't management do something then??

:eek:

Ithink they have always been "hopeful." You are reading into silly statements in the media. Don't....it just leads to more stress. Is there anyone out there that REALLY WANTS a strike? I think everyone is hopeful a deal is done rather than people having to be furloughed, etc. Remain positive that something will get done that is beneficial for everyone!

As for the contigency plan....read the threads...NWA is making passengers drive to close (300 miles in distance) airports served by NWA or Pinnacle.

31 hours, five minutes

Question?

If the strike happens, how does ALPA provide the assesments to the Mesaba pilots?. Are they automatically taken from our pay, or do we send in personal checks? When would the process start? If the strike ends before the assesment checks are sent out and money has been sent in to the fund, would we get it back?

Really just curious how the whole process works as I was on probation when Comair was on strike and was not approached to provide funds. Thanks.

OMG! Don't let this thread fall to the bottom! So close to the deadline!!!

7 hours, 15 minutes, 57 seconds

sf3boy said:
I do however, completely agree with your last paragraph. Just wait until someday a guy gets enough cash put together to start flying 777's and goes straight to the flight schools to get his pilots and pay them 30k to sit in the right seat. Suddenly, all the majors' pilot contracts look pretty foolish and those mainline pilots might have just priced themselves out of a job.
Richard Branson is starting Virgin US this fall. You can read about it on aviationnow.com

Go Mesaba pilots! Hope to have one of you guys jumpseat with us on ASA soon.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back