Mesaba OPS quote from RST debacle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Uncle Bunkle

"She (XJT CA) has to go. I can't do anything for her. I can't have them (pax) in our closed airport."

Wow...just listened to the calls between XJT dispatch and Mesaba OPS in RST. That bitch in Mesaba OPS flat out told XJT that she would not allow pax off the plane into their terminal. ********************in liars, they told the reporters all week that they offered terminal access to the pax....now the truth comes out...sorry to the XJT flight crew who got reamed up the ass for no reason.

I'm a bit shocked, I didn't know XJ ops personnel we were equipped to say anything more than "copy that" over the radio. ;)

All in all, not surprised one bit.

now the truth comes out...sorry to the XJT flight crew who got reamed up the ass for no reason.

So let me get this straight...

XJT uses RST as an alternate even though they know they have no facilities or people there. They allow the flight to get all the way up to MSP with no station of their own to divert to and they end up dumping into RST. The crew then allows the people to be on board all night without declaring an emergency, calling the local cops for help, attempting to go to the FBO, or deplaning the people on to the ramp. XJT dispatch doesn't call the local authorities either, or call the airport manager, or anyone else with real authority to help. They give the excuse that "no busses were available."

So the crew, and more importantly THE PIC, is blameless, yet some $8 an hour ramp worker from another carrier is the only one at fault?

OK. :rolleyes:

I think there is more than enough blame to go around and I hate to tell you that the crew isn't exactly squeaky clean here no matter what Ray LaHood says.

I think all regional carrier stations suck. I haven't ever seen a Pinnacle station that would get high marks, either.

Apparently you haven't been to GFK then... in the year I was a rampie there we had only one flight not go out on time or early with the station being at fault... heck the overnight crew would call pax in the early hours of the morning to rebook pax on flights out of FAR if there was a mx or wx problem. When I was there we actually cared about the job.... I still think that holds true for the most part even today.

So the crew, and more importantly THE PIC, is blameless, yet some $8 an hour ramp worker from another carrier is the only one at fault?

OK. :rolleyes:

I think there is more than enough blame to go around and I hate to tell you that the crew isn't exactly squeaky clean here no matter what Ray LaHood says.
I agree with you Mel. There is definately more to the story than Ray LaHood took into account or the media is spinning.

But I guess if SWA dropped into an ASA station, they would be equipped to manage, service and reload their passengers by other peoples posts here.

CA dropped the ball over and over, but XJ will suck up the blame.

I think all regional carrier stations suck. I haven't ever seen a Pinnacle station that would get high marks, either.
All mainline stations suck too. Since the merger, I have yet to see at Delta station (any of them) that can work the computer, service the aircraft, provide even marginal customer service, or care about an ontime departure.

No doubt. If you allow yourself to rely on idiot station personnel, you're pretty much f$&%^d.

I agree with you Mel. There is definately more to the story than Ray LaHood took into account or the media is spinning.

But I guess if SWA dropped into an ASA station, they would be equipped to manage, service and reload their passengers by other peoples posts here.

CA dropped the ball over and over, but XJ will suck up the blame.

Absolutely that would happen. My Dad was a station manager for ozark and TWA for years. He has always told me that there is an unwritten rule among airlines that when a carrier lands at an airport that they don't normally serve than another carrier will service the airplane. (and charge the diversion aircraft for the ground handling of course.) I worked as gate agent/ ramper for Chautauqua for a while and we took an ATA 757 divert. Only serving ERJ's we weren't exactly equipped but you make due with what you got. The folks got off and went into the sterile area without TSA present. In my opinion there was a breakdown by the Mesaba agent and the airport authority. At a minimum she should have contacted the station manager or airport ops. They could have done something to accommodate the passengers.

Latest resources

Back