• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Terry Hunter

Silence!
Mesaba Mgmt "Pleads for Sacrifice"

http://www.startribune.com/535/story/663102.html

Mr. Spanjers:
You failed Mesaba (pilots) in your poor attempt in contract negotiations for nearly 3 years, and demoralized our entire airline with your lack of leadership, vision, and heart for anything other than your servant hood.

Now you think that you can "plead" your case to employees through the press. You are a true embarrassment of a leader.

I pledge "Not one cent", and stand by it. Sorry, but you lost my trust a long, long time ago, and you've made your bed; I cannot trust anything you say. Therefore, I'll take the liquidation.

STFD!

Last edited:
well since mgmt bonuses were handed out a couple weeks ago, there still no shared sacrifice. spanjers still doesn't understand that he and the SLT need to LEAD BY EXAMPLE!

I will always treasure my employee conference call with that idiot. His small brain lockup was so nice to hear when I asked him why the "Senior Leadership Team" had not taked paycuts ahead of the employee groups to show how they were going to lead the company through the financial straits.

Any XJers remember his answer?

"We're going to take paycuts at the same time as the employee group because that's what we decided to do."

A beautiful example of true leadership.

Stay the fight. Let it burn if necessary.

kmox29 said:
I will always treasure my employee conference call with that idiot. His small brain lockup was so nice to hear when I asked him why the "Senior Leadership Team" had not taked paycuts ahead of the employee groups to show how they were going to lead the company through the financial straits.

Any XJers remember his answer?

"We're going to take paycuts at the same time as the employee group because that's what we decided to do."

A beautiful example of true leadership.

Stay the fight. Let it burn if necessary.
Oooooohhhh, so good to hear from yoooooooou, can you play some Journey for me!(In an Egyptian accent)

flyn96 said:
Oooooohhhh, so good to hear from yoooooooou, can you play some Journey for me!(In an Egyptian accent)

OOOooooo! Poor, poor me. :)

Hey flyn96, Betcha you could throw a football over them mountains...

How did it come to this? I remember only too well how Mesaba was THE place to go for all of us going to flight schools in the MSP area. Heck, it was considered a great honor to have your resume looked at by Mesaba, never mind getting the interview. What went so terribly wrong?

flyboyike said:
How did it come to this? I remember only too well how Mesaba was THE place to go for all of us going to flight schools in the MSP area. Heck, it was considered a great honor to have your resume looked at by Mesaba, never mind getting the interview. What went so terribly wrong?

Independant upper management was replaced with hand picked NWA people. It was only a matter of time before employer/employee relations, morale, and criminal accounting practices mirrored that of NWA.

It should be made into a book called "How To Kill a Great Regional".

flyboyike said:

Poor managment + Stupidity + Greed = Failure = Mesaba

That Costello lady has got to go, she really makes me mad. I would sacrifice my ceo for a monkey on a string (you know the ones at the fair) and a dog with a poofy tail. How pathetic but good to know they fear the United XJ Unions. The longer this goes on the more I want them to fail and hopefully their lives will be as worrysome as ours. Cya

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back