• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba Mgmt "Pleas for Sacrifice"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Compass will happen but its a grey area. I imagine it will grow to its minimum size agreed upon with NWA pilots. Some NWA furloughs will show up and fly there until they are called back otherwise they will hire off the street. There A/C order will be announced before XJ or 9E find out what they are getting. It will be another chance to try to get guys to run over to Compass and start at year one. Eventually in the future though I bet MAIR buys compass and the guys that went to Compass from XJ will wish they would have stayed at XJ. (this is all speculation)

Mesabi Miner said:
Speaking of bonuses, Wild Bill's bonus amounts to 40% of his base pay. (He told us this the other day - and he compares this to our per-diem) Exactly how many times a year are they awarded this?

MM

Once a year, usually around June/July (its when SK buys a new white shirt... lol)

Supv level is eligible for up to 10%
Manager level for up to 20%
Director level up to 30%
VP and up eligible for up to 40%

YourPilotFriend said:
They need to liquidate mesaba, compass will buy it then MAIR can buy compass next year. That way you have a trained staff and everyone is back to first year pay.

Uh, what about the shareholders?

YourPilotFriend said:
They need to liquidate mesaba, compass will buy it then MAIR can buy compass next year. That way you have a trained staff and everyone is back to first year pay.

And just think boys and girls...none of that would be possible without your good friends at NWA!

Not anymore...

redflyer65 said:
I just heard a rumor today that Mesaba management is going to impose their 19% paycuts within a ten day time frame. Is there any truth to that?

If that were true, I see it as management committing suicide, plane and simple.

Mesaba Can't Reject Labor Pacts Under Federal Crt Ruling
[FONT=times new roman,times,serif][FONT=times new roman,times,serif]
DOW JONES NEWSWIRES
September 14, 2006 2:02 p.m.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
DOW JONES NEWSWIRES
A bankruptcy court ruling that had enabled Mesaba Airlines to reject its labor contracts under bankruptcy law was overturned Wednesday by a federal court in Minneapolis, according to a labor union representing flight attendants.
The Association of Flight Attendants said Mesaba, the operating unit of Mair Holding Inc., (MAIR) had contemplated a 19.4% wage and benefit cut.
Mesaba said earlier this week, prior to the court ruling, that it will soon have to choose between imposing pay cuts or shutting down, unless its unions agree to concessions.
-John Seward; 201-938-5400; [email protected]

IamGumbyDammit said:
Uh, what about the shareholders?

Actually, the employees need to liquidate management.

Then, and ONLY then will NWA have a chance.

The management clowns have REPEATEDLY proven themselves not only ethically bankrupt, but totally incompetent.

YourPilotFriend said:
................ Keep swinging son, eventually you'll hit something.

YourPilotFriend said:

If you had a clue you'd be dangerous.

vtchaz said:
Mesaba Can't Reject Labor Pacts Under Federal Crt Ruling
[FONT=times new roman,times,serif][FONT=times new roman,times,serif]
DOW JONES NEWSWIRES
September 14, 2006 2:02 p.m.[/FONT]
[/FONT]
DOW JONES NEWSWIRES
A bankruptcy court ruling that had enabled Mesaba Airlines to reject its labor contracts under bankruptcy law was overturned Wednesday by a federal court in Minneapolis, according to a labor union representing flight attendants.
The Association of Flight Attendants said Mesaba, the operating unit of Mair Holding Inc., (MAIR) had contemplated a 19.4% wage and benefit cut.
Mesaba said earlier this week, prior to the court ruling, that it will soon have to choose between imposing pay cuts or shutting down, unless its unions agree to concessions.
-John Seward; 201-938-5400; [email protected]

This may be the only positive thing I have heard in the news lately. This is a victory for the Mesaba pilots and I hope this deflates the MAIR management's belief that there are no laws or rules to follow against thier liking. This will also turn up the heat for the executives negotiating at PCL.

There may possibly be a sour outcome for the Mesaba pilots. Mair may be wanting to liquidate and start a new operation. But if I were a betting man, I would think the tables are turning. It is a great victory for the industry as a whole. I hope it turns out to be a good things for the Mesaba pilots as well.

My favorite reading during negotiations follows........

Pardon me, thou bleeding piece of earth
That I am meek and gentle with these butchers!Thou art the ruins of the noblest manThat ever lived in the tide of times.Woe to the hand that shed this costly blood!Over thy wounds now do I prophesy,--- Which, like dumb mouths, do ope their ruby lips,To beg the voice and utterance of my tongue ---A curse shall light upon the limbs of men;Domestic fury and fierce civil strifeShall cumber all the parts of Italy;Blood and destruction shall be so in useAnd dreadful objects so familiarThat mothers shall but smile when they beholdTheir infants quarter'd with the hands of war;All pity choked with custom of fell deeds:And Caesar's spirit, ranging for revenge,With Ate by his side come hot from hell,Shall in these confines with a monarch's voiceCry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war;That this foul deed shall smell above the earthWith carrion men, groaning for burial. -- William Shakespeare

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back