• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba loses 13 more Saabs.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Down to 26? Yuck. How many were there at the peak (back when we had 142 and that former 9E plane that kept dropping flaps in cruise)?

Welcome to the dysfunctional Delta family boys. First they will get rid of those Saab's and then they will tell you your cost are too high and put those shiny new 900's up for bid to the lowest bidder. Take a pay cut and you get to keep them or don't play ball and see which other DCI brother is flying your planes.

Don't believe me look at Pinnacle flying 900's once flown by Mesa. ASA flying 700's with a Comair N numbers once flown by Comair. Comair flying 200's with a Skywest N number once owned by Comair given to Skywest and given back to Comair. Ah, the fun is just beginning and Delta wouldn't have it any other way.

Good luck guys.

1. I thought that the Saabs were the "Core Business"

2. There were 6 empty planes parked in the 30R pad at MSP yesterday

3. I think that I preferred the dysfunctional family of NWA/PCL/Mesaba better than the new Delta.

Welcome to the dysfunctional Delta family boys. First they will get rid of those Saab's and then they will tell you your cost are too high and put those shiny new 900's up for bid to the lowest bidder. Take a pay cut and you get to keep them or don't play ball and see which other DCI brother is flying your planes.

Don't believe me look at Pinnacle flying 900's once flown by Mesa. ASA flying 700's with a Comair N numbers once flown by Comair. Comair flying 200's with a Skywest N number once owned by Comair given to Skywest and given back to Comair. Ah, the fun is just beginning and Delta wouldn't have it any other way.

Good luck guys.

I hate to say it ........but he is right.

I love how these announcements come out in our Senior leader's weekly updates. It got a nice one paragraph announcement right in the middle of it. "Oh by the way we are parking 13 more airplanes" Which 13 + 10 prior works out to close to 25% of our fleet. You would think it would be followed up by some more info. Such as "Delta expects to park the rest of the Saabs". Or "Delta knows what its doing but we can't announce it for competive reasons", I guess something would be nice that makes you feel like your company president is worth what he is paid. All I get out of his weekly updates are "nice job on the completion factor", "aircraft 915,916 got painted and so on". If that is all he really does all week, update his one page summary for that week containing the same info over and over we are all in trouble.

Last edited:
Down to 26? Yuck. How many were there at the peak (back when we had 142 and that former 9E plane that kept dropping flaps in cruise)?

Wow, that brings back memories. Didn't someone overtemp the engines when the flaps extended at cruise from DTW to PLN?

Latest resources

Back