• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba loses 13 more Saabs.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Remember when you were shooting off your keyboard telling everyone how Mesaba was going to be the new premiere regional for Delta? I tried to warn you then the fun had not begun for you guys. Monster Buck then emerged from his hole in the woods and demanded to know where anyone was gloating. Point is, I called this one long ago and I was shouted down. Delta will not sue itself for breach of contract. Comair sees this everyday and now the Mesaba guys are getting hosed as well. The simply fact here is that until the retirements start to hit again, we are all in for a tough go. The wholly owned will bore the burnt of it though. Easier to end those contracts than with outside sources.

Sooner or later they will all learn what it means to be owned and loved by Delta ....... the "Borg" of the airline industry. Just be paitient; if you haven't been screwed yet .... you will be, it's only a matter of time.

Welcome to the dysfunctional Delta family boys. First they will get rid of those Saab's and then they will tell you your cost are too high and put those shiny new 900's up for bid to the lowest bidder. Take a pay cut and you get to keep them or don't play ball and see which other DCI brother is flying your planes.

Don't believe me look at Pinnacle flying 900's once flown by Mesa. ASA flying 700's with a Comair N numbers once flown by Comair. Comair flying 200's with a Skywest N number once owned by Comair given to Skywest and given back to Comair. Ah, the fun is just beginning and Delta wouldn't have it any other way.

Good luck guys.
Wow... This has been misquoted several times in this thread so here's the lowdown.

Five of Mesa's Delta 900's are at Mesaba. They left Mesa and were almost awarded to Comair. Then temporarily assigned to Pinnacle. Then transferred to XJ. Of the 10 900's at ASA, 2 are Mesa airframes and the other 8 came from the factory, although on paper they made the full circle with the others. The 900's Pinnacle flies were DAL options, but leased by Pinnacle outright.

XJ over the years has flown Saabs with 9E and Bar Harbour tail numbers. And we fly 200's with 9E and Comair tail numbers. We may be new to the DAL system, but we've been in this game awhile to know how to play.

Wow... This has been misquoted several times in this thread so here's the lowdown.

Five of Mesa's Delta 900's are at Mesaba. They left Mesa and were almost awarded to Comair. Then temporarily assigned to Pinnacle. Then transferred to XJ. Of the 10 900's at ASA, 2 are Mesa airframes and the other 8 came from the factory, although on paper they made the full circle with the others. The 900's Pinnacle flies were DAL options, but leased by Pinnacle outright.

XJ over the years has flown Saabs with 9E and Bar Harbour tail numbers. And we fly 200's with 9E and Comair tail numbers. We may be new to the DAL system, but we've been in this game awhile to know how to play.

Thanks for clearing this up for me. Sounds like a true love story straight from the hills of West Virginia. Everybody from the DCI family gets a turn to get inside of one but they never leave the DCI family. Glad I was able to escape from that fiasco.

Welcome to the dysfunctional Delta family boys. First they will get rid of those Saab's and then they will tell you your cost are too high and put those shiny new 900's up for bid to the lowest bidder. Take a pay cut and you get to keep them or don't play ball and see which other DCI brother is flying your planes.

Don't believe me look at Pinnacle flying 900's once flown by Mesa. ASA flying 700's with a Comair N numbers once flown by Comair. Comair flying 200's with a Skywest N number once owned by Comair given to Skywest and given back to Comair. Ah, the fun is just beginning and Delta wouldn't have it any other way.

Good luck guys.
Well, you don't have to look any further than Mesaba flying Pinnacle tail numbers either.

"demanded to know where anyone was gloating" What the does that mean? You were "shouted down" you mean "shouted at?" "shot down?"...." what the hell is "bore the burnt?", did you mean "bear the brunt?"

Iz yu still dunk? Man i are jealouse, that must have been on hell of a nite! Peace man! We are all family! Ain't no one trippin, we know you knos what going on. You spit da truth.:beer:

Is that the best you have? Are you twelve years old tomorrow?

Ever hear of shouted down? You don't agree with something and you elevate the volume or tone of the post. I did not use the term where incorrectly. And I am sorry I used bore instead of bear. It was the incorrect context and I am sorry!

GFY! :beer:

Yeah cause XJ was treated so well by NWA the last six years wtf! Same sh-t different storm. It doesn't matter who the mother ship is, all regionals will get the shaft. Two years of growth, followed by two years of hell. Standard ops

Is that the best you have? Are you twelve years old tomorrow?

Ever hear of shouted down? You don't agree with something and you elevate the volume or tone of the post. I did not use the term where incorrectly. And I am sorry I used bore instead of bear. It was the incorrect context and I am sorry!

GFY! :beer:

:crying:
:crying::crying: You are such a whiner. Did Joe M. turn you down again. You two crack me up. Everything that is wrong with ASA is Delta and SkyWest's fault and F anyone who flies for them. When Mesaba, after going through bk hell, finally gets a bone you jump all over anyone who was happy about it. Since we all know that growth was promised to you and your ASA with their 80%. Surprise, surprise Mesaba is shrinking their Saab fleet and you jump in with your holier than thou attitude about how you told them so. Stop getting your panties in a wad and relax. You are only beating down fellow pilots that have nothing to do with your beloved ASA.:puke:

lets just stick to the facts here..... are we not losing the Saabs? I just wonder if I have a seat reserved for me in that sniny new 900? I even saved my FO stripes for just such occasion! I looked at them and they are perfect to be worn backwards!

I thought it was refered to as "The 9".

I thought it was refered to as "The 9".

Oh no my friend, it is not just "The 9"...it is 'THE 9' (said with a looonng E).

I'm in a downgrade class for this thing now, everyone (except the class that is) is downright fascinated with this airplane. Well, when they aren't talking about the avro anyway. :smash:

Good luck to everyone, and that means all the fellow DCI pilots...I think it's all a downward plunge from here!

Latest resources

Back