• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba LGA Saabs' future???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have been hearing that they don't even have air carts in LGA for the Saabs. Not sure if Colgan had them or not. Just what I've been told.

I heard that too. I honestly don't get it. When you open a base, get the gear you need to operate the base. Maybe they will be there soon. It is just now warming up. Maybe we should give them a chance.

USAir just announced to the media today that they are negotiating again with Delta for the LGA slot swap, which I think includes those Saab slots Mesaba would use? If USAir takes the deal, and moves a lot of the operation to DCA, will there still be use for them there? I saw the article in Yahoo. USAir will file the papers with the government in a couple weeks.

OYS

Last edited:
USAir just announced to the media today that they are negotiating again with Delta for the LGA slot swap, which I think includes those Saab slots Mesaba would use? If USAir takes the deal, and moves a lot of the operation to DCA, will there still be use for them there? I saw the article in Yahoo. USAir will file the papers with the government in a couple weeks.

OYS

OYS,

Why can't you post these articles? I think I found the one you were talking about.

US Airways May File Papers in Weeks on Delta NYC-Washington Swap

By Mary Schlangenstein - May 6, 2011 12:21 PM MT

USAirways Group (LCC)said it may file documents soon in negotiations with Delta Airlines (DAL) and federal regulators to swap airport slots in New York and Washington.

A filing may be made “in the next couple weeks,” US Airways President Scott Kirby told employees today in an employee newsletter. The airlines have been negotiating with regulators since an earlier plan to trade slots at New York’s LaGuardia and Washington’s Reagan National was rejected.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Sweet!

The General arguing with his alter ego. Love it.

Arguing? Nah. I just wish he would post the article sometimes if he quotes from one or says it was in the media. He knows he is still "my best FI buddy!"

Bye Bye--General Lee

I escaped from CJC in 2008...but that summer they really did a good job of hooking up external air. Most of the gates were equipped with hoses that reached...there were a few that did not so CJC had 3 Air Carts that worked well. We would push....do a Batt start on 2 then a cross gen on 1 and then feather 2 and use HP air. Worked pretty well.

The tughest part was just getting the ground crew to hook you up. They were so used to the EMB's and Dashes that had the APU going. But after a little education to the ops agents and ramp...it seem to work well.

ID

I escaped from CJC in 2008...but that summer they really did a good job of hooking up external air. Most of the gates were equipped with hoses that reached...there were a few that did not so CJC had 3 Air Carts that worked well. We would push....do a Batt start on 2 then a cross gen on 1 and then feather 2 and use HP air. Worked pretty well.

The tughest part was just getting the ground crew to hook you up. They were so used to the EMB's and Dashes that had the APU going. But after a little education to the ops agents and ramp...it seem to work well.

ID

Thanks for that post.

Arguing? Nah. I just wish he would post the article sometimes if he quotes from one or says it was in the media. He knows he is still "my best FI buddy!"

Bye Bye--General Lee

Thanks man! Sorry about not following "the rules.". I can usually do it from my home computer, but not always on my android. No biggie.

OYS

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back