Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

zasca

Questions from a Piedmont guy in LGA:

What is management telling you guys about the near or distant future regarding USairways flying? Our bosses are telling us we are preemptively pulling down dash flying as much as possible and sending it elsewhere, in case the slot swap happens. To me it seems like Mesaba invested too much money just for a summer gig covering lga. I think PDT finally gets to shut us down once enough Saabs come online and the slot swap never happens. Hence, our CEO's wet dream comes true...

Also, how many LGA RON's do you guys typically have? What time do they originate? PDT has none and the company complains mainline marketing sets schedules that don't allow for them anymore...

It would be nice to know what bull to call the company on!

Thanks

From what I undestand its all risk flying for xj out of lga. I dont know what the future of it is after we get through this year. With deltas pulling all the saab flying the company has been trying to find a place for the saab by shopping it around to other carriers. The company is spending alot on tdys (and creatively bypassing the contract screwing those that are based in lga but that is another story).
This summer is going to be brutal if you happen to be on the saab waiting for a push with no gpu hooked up. That plane gets hot quick and with no external power there is no supplemental ac (which is broken most of time anyway and deferred). I hope guys start utilyzing the direct start method after they get pushed instead of waiting for the ground crews to hook up the power to assist the start. Were gonna have alot of sweaty and irritable people on board.
We have no lga rons unless there is an operational problem and right now we overnight in ith, pvd, syr, iad and cho. I think were also supposed to start nantucket and marthas in the summer.

To me, in the beginning and even now, it always seemed like a play out of the Colgan book. Take the slots you have open them up for a risky bid scenario, when it doesn't work anymore tell the company that is paying you, "Hey we are shutting down and we'll renegotiate with you in Chapter 11, or you can release us from your contracts and pay us more on the leftovers. Either is fine."

Treat your paying customers like crap, no matter if they are airline or passenger. :)

If they don't come up with a plan fast, XJ pilots will not board the AC unless the temp is appropriate. Either an air cart or changing the pushback procedure to allow one engine running. I know I won't board when the temp is above 105 degrees in the cockpit. Most if not all the captains will do the same. You can't expect paying customers especially infants, small kids and the elderly to sit for 30 minutes in August with a temp of around 110 degrees. Not gonna happen. They better figure it out quick. It's almost June.

If they don't come up with a plan fast, XJ pilots will not board the AC unless the temp is appropriate. Either an air cart or changing the pushback procedure to allow one engine running. I know I won't board when the temp is above 105 degrees in the cockpit. Most if not all the captains will do the same. You can't expect paying customers especially infants, small kids and the elderly to sit for 30 minutes in August with a temp of around 110 degrees. Not gonna happen. They better figure it out quick. It's almost June.

This!

They better figure it out quick. It's almost June.
BWAHAHAHAAAAAA! I love it. Mesaba pilots expecting change. News flash, your new corporate owner Pinnacle isn't exactly "industry leading" in positive changes, nor do they figure things out quick. But don't worry though, Pinnapenetration hurts only the first few times. After that, you get used to it. Welcome aboard!

BWAHAHAHAAAAAA! I love it. Mesaba pilots expecting change. News flash, your new corporate owner Pinnacle isn't exactly "industry leading" in positive changes, nor do they figure things out quick. But don't worry though, Pinnapenetration hurts only the first few times. After that, you get used to it. Welcome aboard!

It will change when we don't allow boarding for safety reasons.

you can board all you want. they will have external air hooked up. its when you close the door and they pull the air that it sucks.

you can board all you want. they will have external air hooked up. its when you close the door and they pull the air that it sucks.

I have been hearing that they don't even have air carts in LGA for the Saabs. Not sure if Colgan had them or not. Just what I've been told.

Latest resources

Back