Mesaba LGA Saabs' future???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ridgeback:

One of our Merger Committee reps was in Memphis last week. I asked him directly if anyone had contacted him----he said no. He continued and said that he was aware that two of the MEC Chairman were talking about that (about going back to the table), but he was not privied to the complete conversation. He said he was going to talk to the MEC Chairman on Saturday (this past one) to see if he could learn more about those discussions. I asked him would he go back to the table and he said he would be a "dumbass" if he didn't go back to the table.

From my seat, we are going to have to work together sometime. I'm not one to try to dig at any of the properties. We have our good pilots and our pilots who make the Top Ten List. We need to get rid of the later so we all maintain our sanity. Merging seniority lists is very trying, I'm sure.

Look forward to flying with all of you. I've had many drinks with quite a few of you and all have been top-notch.

I am not a union guy. I work hard for my family along with about 1290 other PCL guys. I do not know what stance my union took at the table. I assume (and hope) it was to look out for me and my family. We are now past that. It shows a the intellect of an individual to argue things that cannot be changed. What are you going to do about this to move our horrible pilot group in the right direction? You have gone from knocking another pilot group to shi++ing where you eat. You are among the problem you are stating. Where do WE go from here my friend?

Might I suggest you get to know what your union has, is, and will be doing. Remember your union represents you, they are not there to promote self interest.

Another suggestion, after the SLI is put together there will be a new vote to vote for union leadership. With recent 9E union history, recall votes, threats of lawsuits from the North MS flying Club, ect I would really hope you get to know the current Mesaba union Leadership and get to know them. I can say they are very proactive and work with the company in a very fair way. Example, prior to the JCB Mesaba had only 3 open grevances, I believe 9E had over 300. Union work is hard, too hard for me but I have good friends that are in it and it is my hope that they will be elected to continue their service to all the pilots on the SLI.

Another suggestion, get to know the history of how "things went down" ten years ago with 9E pilots comming over to mesaba. I have personally flown with one that was an Avro Captain for over ten years...Measaba made him a millionair...over 100K/ year

As far as cultural diffenences, Speaking for the Mesaba pilot group we confront our own when we see backpacks, sunglasses hung from shoulder bars, dark sunglasses worn inside, ect. and yes we did have the 900 fo's were the bars in reverse, we have ours too but that was taken care of with in a week. These actions and others like it translate into an overall very repected, safe, professional pilot group.

ps even my dogs **** where they live

>> Example, prior to the JCB Mesaba had only 3 open grevances, I believe 9E had over 300.

Son, that's a function of the COMPANY, not the union. The nice guys (your management) finished last.

Welcome to the suck.

You are a perfect example of why Mesaba is more respected in the industry than Pinnacle. Mesaba pilots will do the right thing, something you can learn from the Mesaba Pilots when your not trying to procreate in the MSP Saab sims or the Forest in Harrisburg...amazing only took your group two weeks in the MSP training center to build on your awsome reputation...congrats!! you must be proud.

Whats your point here, are you trying to sling mud?? At least the Harrisburg pilot wasn't after 12yr old boys in Houston!!! LOL

Last edited:
Why do Mesaba flight attachments ask crewmembers for their boarding pass? There's nothing like being the only airplane in Syracuse and they have to verify where I'm going. Quite moronic....

Why do Mesaba flight attachments ask crewmembers for their boarding pass? There's nothing like being the only airplane in Syracuse and they have to verify where I'm going. Quite moronic....

The LGA based flight attendants are all brand new (hired for March 1st). They just do as they are told and still know very little about anything else. They're supposed to check boarding passes when boarding from the ramp.

It is kind of pathetic that they think weight and balance applies to not letting someone scoot over from an aisle seat to the empty window seat beside them though. I'm currently on a one man FA education campaign to get across that left-right weight and balance isn't a real thing.

Ok, lets consider this....Your union represents YOU after all of YOU voted for them. Colgan AND Mesaba Union leadership tired to get together one last time to get a fair SLI done...Guess what? YOUR leadership declined.

From what I have heard, Colgan told the Mesaba MEC to go f* themselves and the Pinnacle MEC didn't bother to reply because Colgan wasn't interested and the XJ MEC refused to negotiate during the two prior months that were dedicated to negotiations. I guess the XJ negotiators insulted the other two groups so many times during the talks that they neutered any hope for progress after the hearings closed.

Believe it or not Mesaba, it is not well received when you prance around talking about how much better you think you are than us. Even if it were true, its poor form. Just food for thought.

I have personally flown with one that was an Avro Captain for over ten years...Measaba made him a millionair...over 100K/ year

He must have married well if he is a millionaire with only a $100k/year of income.

Might I suggest you get to know what your union has, is, and will be doing. Remember your union represents you, they are not there to promote self interest.

Another suggestion, after the SLI is put together there will be a new vote to vote for union leadership. With recent 9E union history, recall votes, threats of lawsuits from the North MS flying Club, ect I would really hope you get to know the current Mesaba union Leadership and get to know them. I can say they are very proactive and work with the company in a very fair way. Example, prior to the JCB Mesaba had only 3 open grevances, I believe 9E had over 300. Union work is hard, too hard for me but I have good friends that are in it and it is my hope that they will be elected to continue their service to all the pilots on the SLI.

Another suggestion, get to know the history of how "things went down" ten years ago with 9E pilots comming over to mesaba. I have personally flown with one that was an Avro Captain for over ten years...Measaba made him a millionair...over 100K/ year

As far as cultural diffenences, Speaking for the Mesaba pilot group we confront our own when we see backpacks, sunglasses hung from shoulder bars, dark sunglasses worn inside, ect. and yes we did have the 900 fo's were the bars in reverse, we have ours too but that was taken care of with in a week. These actions and others like it translate into an overall very repected, safe, professional pilot group.

ps even my dogs **** where they live

Seriously, just like I say to the SWA and AT guys, just let it go to arbitration. The arbitrators are fair and will listen and review all testimony, and then give an award with an explanation. Then, instead of hating the guy you are flying next to, you can hate the arbitrator. There is no bias, no hidden agendas, and the arbitrator is paid a fee. Each side has lawyers that argue for them, and then a ruling is made. Simple. I wasn't a part of it at my current job, but several friends were, and I watched it happen too. I would say it was quite successful at my current employment. But, get the joint contract done first, and then the SLI.(that did not happen at USAir) Good luck.

OYS

Last edited:
Oy.....6 more days...oh wait the same arbitrator was late on the DAL/NWI SLI....please be over soon...please be over soon...please be over soon

Will we still be measuring phallus sizes after the arbitrator rules?

Latest resources

Back