• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba LGA Saabs' future???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks man! Sorry about not following "the rules.". I can usually do it from my home computer, but not always on my android. No biggie.

OYS

No problem.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Arguing? Nah. I just wish he would post the article sometimes if he quotes from one or says it was in the media. He knows he is still "my best FI buddy!"

Bye Bye--General Lee

I think the swap will be good for both parties involved, but I'm afraid our brilliant union USAPA is talking about trying to fight it. Any job openings over there general? I think I'd trade my four bars at US for three at Delta. You know it's bad when you trust management more than your own union.

As far as I know the conditioned air in LGA comes off units that are installed on the jetways themselves and typically had been working in years gone by. The real pain comes when you get the airplane cooled down, and boarded. Because now, you have to wait for as much as 20 minutes to get pushed off the gate if you are going to spot 22 which is in the airport movement area and approval from ground and ramp is required.
I wish that I could offer a helpful solution, and having been someone that has endured the misery that is about to beset our Mesaba brothers and sisters I truly empathize with you. I am not sure exactly where it is written, but there are rules in the contract with USAirways that specify how long you can have people on-board without conditioned air being supplied to the aircraft. Lord knows how bloody hot the SAAB cockpit is in the summer! I have flown both 1900 and the SAAB and at least on the 1900 we had the little vent windows...
Stay safe, drink ALOT of water (Till you are tired of it and forcing it), keep your sense of humor and hold the company's feet to the fire. It is a safety, customer service and fatigue issue and needs to be addressed.

As far as I know the conditioned air in LGA comes off units that are installed on the jetways themselves and typically had been working in years gone by. The real pain comes when you get the airplane cooled down, and boarded. Because now, you have to wait for as much as 20 minutes to get pushed off the gate if you are going to spot 22 which is in the airport movement area and approval from ground and ramp is required.
I wish that I could offer a helpful solution, and having been someone that has endured the misery that is about to beset our Mesaba brothers and sisters I truly empathize with you. I am not sure exactly where it is written, but there are rules in the contract with USAirways that specify how long you can have people on-board without conditioned air being supplied to the aircraft. Lord knows how bloody hot the SAAB cockpit is in the summer! I have flown both 1900 and the SAAB and at least on the 1900 we had the little vent windows...
Stay safe, drink ALOT of water (Till you are tired of it and forcing it), keep your sense of humor and hold the company's feet to the fire. It is a safety, customer service and fatigue issue and needs to be addressed.
Well said. I have also found that communication with the ramp also can prevent and early shut down of cool air. i.e....don't unhook the air until I say...clear to push.

BWAHAHAHAAAAAA! I love it. Mesaba pilots expecting change. News flash, your new corporate owner Pinnacle isn't exactly "industry leading" in positive changes, nor do they figure things out quick. But don't worry though, Pinnapenetration hurts only the first few times. After that, you get used to it. Welcome aboard!

You are a perfect example of why Mesaba is more respected in the industry than Pinnacle. Mesaba pilots will do the right thing, something you can learn from the Mesaba Pilots when your not trying to procreate in the MSP Saab sims or the Forest in Harrisburg...amazing only took your group two weeks in the MSP training center to build on your awsome reputation...congrats!! you must be proud.

You are a perfect example of why Mesaba is more respected in the industry than Pinnacle. Mesaba pilots will do the right thing, something you can learn from the Mesaba Pilots when your not trying to procreate in the MSP Saab sims or the Forest in Harrisburg...amazing only took your group two weeks in the MSP training center to build on your awsome reputation...congrats!! you must be proud.

Never bid to the PCL side. We don't want guys like you. Fools that believe the drivel or behavior of a few represent the entire group have their own problems. I'm not going to bring up examples of unbecoming behavior of a few XJ pilots because I do not believe it is a fair representaion of your pilot group as a whole. They XJ-ers I have met lately are stand up individuals. Grow up and gauge a pilot group better. It makes your cohorts look bad.

Never bid to the PCL side. We don't want guys like you. Fools that believe the drivel or behavior of a few represent the entire group have their own problems. I'm not going to bring up examples of unbecoming behavior of a few XJ pilots because I do not believe it is a fair representaion of your pilot group as a whole. They XJ-ers I have met lately are stand up individuals. Grow up and gauge a pilot group better. It makes your cohorts look bad.

Ok, lets consider this....Your union represents YOU after all of YOU voted for them. Colgan AND Mesaba Union leadership tired to get together one last time to get a fair SLI done...Guess what? YOUR leadership declined... In my opinion a really bad idea for you, after all when all your SLI brings to the arbratator is a yellow notebook full of a totally out there positon, not even close to ALPA merger policy YOUR group gives new meaning to bring a knife to a gunfight. But hey the more I get the better.

It also amazes me how the excuse "don't blame the actions of a few.... well it seems to me that watching 9e over the years you have way more than a few. Yes you are correct have a few here as well but they are long gone, terminated.

Ok, lets consider this....Your union represents YOU after all of YOU voted for them. Colgan AND Mesaba Union leadership tired to get together one last time to get a fair SLI done...Guess what? YOUR leadership declined... In my opinion a really bad idea for you, after all when all your SLI brings to the arbratator is a yellow notebook full of a totally out there positon, not even close to ALPA merger policy YOUR group gives new meaning to bring a knife to a gunfight. But hey the more I get the better.

It also amazes me how the excuse "don't blame the actions of a few.... well it seems to me that watching 9e over the years you have way more than a few. Yes you are correct have a few here as well but they are long gone, terminated.

I am not a union guy. I work hard for my family along with about 1290 other PCL guys. I do not know what stance my union took at the table. I assume (and hope) it was to look out for me and my family. We are now past that. It shows a the intellect of an individual to argue things that cannot be changed. What are you going to do about this to move our horrible pilot group in the right direction? You have gone from knocking another pilot group to shi++ing where you eat. You are among the problem you are stating. Where do WE go from here my friend?

Latest resources

Back