• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba Lawsuit on Religion vs Scheduling

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
it does not say that Mesaba has to avoid scheduling anyone on the weekend, just that they had to permit shift trades. if a pilot tried to shift trade and could not get anyone to take it - they would still be SOL.

What horse sh**. Religion has gotten enough privilege in society. No more free rides. If your religious rituals interfere with your job, then find another job.

As part of the settlement, Mesaba agreed to conduct diversity training for all its human resources employees and management personnel involved in hiring new employees.

That's great. The one Department within a company that should be up to speed with sensitivity issues now has to go to diversity training. :laugh:

Im pretty sure that on the Application they mentioned the scheduling.....nights, weekends, holidays etc.....and everyone had to check "Yes i am available to work all of these with a smile on my face"

Im pretty sure that on the Application they mentioned the scheduling.....nights, weekends, holidays etc.....and everyone had to check "Yes i am available to work all of these with a smile on my face"

..don't forget the area about wearing your hat too, people!!!!!! :p

Very good point sir, does that mean that the said emp is now in breach of contract or lied on application and can be term? (not being a dick here just thinking/writting out loud because my Xmas playboy issued did not arrive in time!!!)

In this business, we work weekends and holidays. That is the nature of the business and if one should not take a job willingly and knowingly have to work weekends and holidays if they are unable.

This is BS. I am not anti semitic, but if Christians have to work on Christmas and Easter and Sundays, then there is no reason Jews can't work on thier Sabbath, Or holidays. I know several Jewish pilots who work Saturdays, do not keep kosher and work on Rosh Hashana and Yom Kippur, Succoth, Channukah, Purim, Shavouth,Tish B'Av.
Did I leave any Jeiwsh Holidays out?

Latest resources

Back