Mesaba Hiring Rumor Mill

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
fly4ever said:
Two months on the job, not sitting reserve and already complaining! For crying out loud!

It took me close to three years to get a build up line, and still very much enjoyed my time at Mesaba.

Regional4life said:
Anyone else ready for the fall temperatures to get here? I'm tired of sweating my balls off in the cockpit and letting little thing get to me :). But hey, at least I'm losing weight.

Oh man you have no idea...its been 108-110 here in Vegas the past couple of days.

W&BWiz said:
Actually there are quite a few, if not the majority, who are hoping for the Saab because of a few reasons.

1. Even though you won't be based in msp right away, you will be very soon.
2. The training dept is not teaching a brand new airplane and unless your just not fit to fly, you will make it through training easily.
3. The schedules are established and chances of junior-manning, extended days, etc are minimal.
etc. etc. etc.

I'll take the Saab any day! and even though
DoinTime said:
the Saab SUCKS!
I'll respect the opinion and take it anyway. Now, would someone just call me!?

Fly4ever. . . you must have been sweating your balls off today. Dang dude, honestly, the guy is just asking questions about the company, and you know what, he sounds like he would be excited to be here, in whatever equipment he got. Yes, I know people have sat reserve for three years, yes, life sucked for me too after 9/11 and with the contract, but that's life man. I've got a ton of friends that were out on the street right after 9/11, just like you. The only difference between you and Irish Pilot is age and when you applied, period. Experience doesn't make a captain, only seniority, which you are still getting. Granted, personally, I think you will learn more about flying by being on the Saab, hashing around in the weather instead of flying above it and around it. The point is, this is expansion for the company. We are getting a new airplane. Talk about it. Be excited about it. It's about fucking time. Hopefully, it doesn't mean others are going away. I don't know what you were hired into when you got here, but did not a little part of you want to go to the ARJ? Even a little? Cut the guy some slack. And yes, I do remember walking around Detroit with Avro FO's saying "They picked me specifically to fly this equipment". Come on man, give our training department credit. There is no way those guys put all "the aces" in one plane. How could they? Give all the shitty pilots to the Saab? Naaahhhh. I fly with to many great pilots to know better. I'm sure they have their way of sorting stuff out for equipment.

Doin Time. . . I agree with you.

Irish Pilot, . . .if you are lucky enough to get hired here, congrats. Great place to work with great people. The majority of the guys you fly with will quickly become long time good friends. Some (the majority) of my best friends fly or flew here. Don't let right seat captains get you down. Keep smilin man. And remember, great thing about these boards, everyone has an opinion. Half the time, I laugh my ass off at some of the crap that comes up here.

Regional4life said:
...Irish Pilot, . . .if you are lucky enough to get hired here, congrats. Great place to work with great people. The majority of the guys you fly with will quickly become long time good friends. Some (the majority) of my best friends fly or flew here. Don't let right seat captains get you down. Keep smilin man. And remember, great thing about these boards, everyone has an opinion. Half the time, I laugh my ass off at some of the shoot that comes up here.

Thanks man...I do have my fingers crossed to hear from them. The guys that I know there all seem to be very happy and that seems hard to find these days at the regional level. Oh yeah...Thanks for the backup :)

Rook said:
That's about as bright a reply as... Water Sucks, Gatorade's Better.

Rook

Huh?

I think we all will agree that Gatorade is better. (Except for the guys that ONLY drink water.)

No competition. Hands down. End of argument.

:D

Rook said:
That's about as bright a reply as... Water Sucks, Gatorade's Better.

Rook

Look crackbaby, last I checked Gatorade is better...

I see Pinnacle only hires the Real Geniuses.

How is the NWA mech. strike affecting Mesaba ops? I'm thinking about jumpseating from MSL to MEM in a few days. Thanks in advance for any information.

Tim

There's a strike going on??? I'm kidding. I haven't been slowed down, held up, whatever you want to call it, by the mech strike. Other than getting yelled at when I drive into the parking lot...

Latest resources

Back