Mesaba Hiring Rumor Mill

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Avpilot said:
How is the NWA mech. strike affecting Mesaba ops? I'm thinking about jumpseating from MSL to MEM in a few days. Thanks in advance for any information.

Tim

The mechanics strike is having no real impact on Mesaba operations. What is having some affect is the new weight and balance program. With the new weights, we will most likely never be able to take a full load plus a jumpseater. I think the days of using the physical jumpseat when the cabin is full in the Saab are over.

That doesn't mean you can't jumpseat. As long as the flight isn't full, we can certainly still accomodate you. Realize though that if the flight is full the new weights won't allow for it.

Good luck if you decide to jumpseat. We would be happy to have you!

Thanks for the information. We're having some of the same headaches at ExpressJet...A new weight and balance that creates 5 cabin "zones" along with the need to count how many empty galley carts there are, etc. It's a real hassle to say the least. I'll see you guys on Sunday...Hope to see you on an XJT flight in the future..you're welcome any time.

Tim

airmasn said:
Look crackbaby, last I checked Gatorade is better...

I see Pinnacle only hires the Real Geniuses.

Crackbaby LOL!

Well being that I live in the the 'D' you could be right. And for all you other a$$ clowns, it was a Waterboy reference.

Rook
'Real Genius'

oh and airmasn I'll be posting pics of my last romp with your woman during my last crack binge. I'll post a link shortly ;)

Rook
check out the pics of your mom and me on hoodrats.com...and it ain't a mouth full of water that I just gave her

Last edited:
Anyone have any input on how the hurricane and extremely high fuel prices will effect the airlines and hiring. I start class in a couple of weeks and just wondering if I should be worried at all. any info will be greatly welcomed

Last edited:
and for the record I don't care what I fly, just want a schedule, and a nice work environment. I guess some sort of compensation would be a plus too.

Mesaba called me today as well. So they are firing up over there it seems. Had to decline the interview. They called me about 2 hours after I found out I have been hired at SkyWest!

Latest resources

Back