• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba Furlough

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You guys were bidding that EAS stuff, could this be a pull out to get cheaper rates? I don't know I am not that involved just throwing out all options. I think they should keep that saabs over the brazilias though.

Not sure how they'd get cheaper rates.
As for keeping the Saab over Brazilia, my guess is look at who has what... Skywest, strong air services contract with a non-union employee group (and just look at the merger to see Delta's opinion of unions) Mesaba, wholly owned so no air services contract with pilot, FA, and mech unions.

I am not sure how Delta is getting out of the Saab leases since they were renegotiated with Saab during the bankruptcy to last til 2012 ( very conviently the same as the pilot contract, any guesses why that was done:rolleyes: )

I am not sure how Delta is getting out of the Saab leases since they were renegotiated with Saab during the bankruptcy to last til 2012 ( very conviently the same as the pilot contract, any guesses why that was done:rolleyes: )

For everyone that does not understand the Saab leases here it goes.

Measaba never leased a number of aircraft (ie 49) Rather mesaba Leased a certain number of hours (example 49,000 hours) spread out until 2012. So mesaba has the option per the lease agreement to operate 49 saabs at 1000 hours each or operate 1 saab at 49,000 hours... Or any combiniation of.

So mesaba (Delta) can return another 10 saabs next week

Well that explains part of why Saab was fighting so much more than most during the bankruptcy...

Mesaba has the best safety record in the industry and the greatest pilot group around. So it only makes sense for Delta to reduce it.

Go Penguins.

Mesaba has the best safety record in the industry and the greatest pilot group around. So it only makes sense for Delta to reduce it.

Go Penguins.

See, I was pretty much with you until the "Penguins" thing...now you are a problem... :D

Time for some low timers to head back to CFI'n.... it cant hurt them to
" pay some more dues " anyway.

Life isnt all puppy dawgs and ice cream brahs!

Its da 9!!!

With this reduction of SAAB's do you think that there is some dastardly plan to get the fleet to less than 79 so we have to give money back to the company?

I mean we got snap backs with an increase in airframes, is there some contingent to reverse the snap backs if we get smaller?

Was getting really nervous with all this happiness around Mesaba the last couple of years so this trouble is actually somewhat comforting.

-Battered Pilot Syndrome Sufferer

Time for some low timers to head back to CFI'n.... it cant hurt them to
" pay some more dues " anyway.

Life isnt all puppy dawgs and ice cream brahs!

Its da 9!!!
A majority of those furloughed (if it comes to pass) will be individuals that had worked for other regionals and furloughed before. This is a bad situation, one XJ has seen to much of.

Too bad your not going to be one of them... brah!

With this reduction of SAAB's do you think that there is some dastardly plan to get the fleet to less than 79 so we have to give money back to the company?

I mean we got snap backs with an increase in airframes, is there some contingent to reverse the snap backs if we get smaller?

Was getting really nervous with all this happiness around Mesaba the last couple of years so this trouble is actually somewhat comforting.

-Battered Pilot Syndrome Sufferer

Readddd the contract:D

Latest resources

Back