• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba Furlough

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
yeah things were too good to be true. I just know this, when everyone else was having a great time with unbelievable growth we were taking pay cuts, losing a/c, furloughing, and in bankruptcy. Just when I thought XJ was looking like the right decision this happens. Guess what? We should have expected this. But I have a nagging feeling that Delta likes the 900 and did not spend Millions (yes millions) on our 900 ground training equipment for nothing. I wonder what is going to happen this fall/winter. We have been over staffed for months now (but not crj captains????) with no correction, now we will be over staffed by 200 or more. I was expecting the furlough process announcement on friday, when is anyone elses best guess on when it will start (unless we get shiny new 900's)

Once again another "real" regional is giving in even more to the RJ..... I am sick to my stomach that scope has been given away.... there goes a whole crapload of mainline jobs.... y'all at XJ have done a good job thus far but sooner than later a bunch of C208's or C402's are going to be running regional routes and regionals are going to damn near phase out legacy routes..... tis a shame.... long live the SF340... maybe we at another Saab operating company can pick up your A/C since they seem to be better maintained than ours.

How exactly are we at XJ supposed to scope out flying, that is only flown by us because it ISN'T scoped out by our mainline "bretheren?" We don't control any of our flying, so there isn't anything to scope out. Our scope with Big Sky was a different beast, since we were not wholly owned and we were under the holdings umbrella of a company that owned two regional airlines. Are you saying we're supposed to have scope with Delta? Isn't that like biting the hand that feeds you?

Also... this was big daddy Deltas decision. After all, our "core" business at Mesaba is our 49 strong saab fleet. If XJ had any control over it, they'd hold on to the saabs until the bitter bitter end.

Latest resources

Back