• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Mesaba Furlough

fowingman

Total Time
10 saabs being removed in the fall furlough annoucement later today or tomorrow

Salukipilot4590

IS WE ON TV?
Total Time
OH SHI-

Not good.

WMUSIGPI

The $100,000,000 Question
Total Time
5000+
10 saabs being removed in the fall furlough annoucement later today or tomorrow

Damn I hate when I am almost right.....
I was only off by 2 years on that happening. Hmm Mabye we will keep the 200's til 2011.

lookin4better

Total Time
Glory
What are those FO drivers on the "9" gonna do? Can you turn uniform parts inside out at Wal-Mart or McDonalds? ;-P

Mesabi Miner

Total Time
What are those FO drivers on the "9" gonna do? Can you turn uniform parts inside out at Wal-Mart or McDonalds? ;-P

From the heart, "Jackass."

MM

joe_pilot

There be whales here!
Total Time
>0
Sorry to hear this guys. Good luck :(

SpauldingSmails

Aboard the sloop.
Total Time
>7000
Sorry to hear the bad news for you guys.

If any of you XJ guys want to try and get in at Compass shoot me a PM, we'll see if we can't make mother Delta pay for your training again.

Fly4PayNoMore

Total Time
Unfortunately, if the furloughs do happen, there are a number of guys on the bottom of the list that have already been furloughed from other airlines. Double, and who knows, triple whammy for some.

XJohXJ

Total Time
some
Well, I guess the training department's going to be crazy busy again, soon. Too bad it's under such lousy circumstances.

And now Mesaba employees join the ranks of the thousands of lost jobs under the NWA-Delta merger.

Raskal

big member, little pay
Total Time
*sigh*
Well, I guess the training department's going to be crazy busy again, soon. Too bad it's under such lousy circumstances.

And now Mesaba employees join the ranks of the thousands of lost jobs under the NWA-Delta merger.

What? There are no job losses from the merger silly! Anderson and Steenland told congress that. This is from the economy :rolleyes:

I'm very, very close to getting out of this mess.

rf285

Total Time
Sorry to hear about a possible furlough. Too bad they are parking Saabs. I have a special place in my heart for Mesaba because you fly to Rhinelander. My favorite airport.

OneBadLT123

Total Time
24/7
Talk has it daddy Delta didn’t want to renew the leases that were up on those 10 Saab's. No word on any more AC as of now though.

Such a shame. No word on any replacements. Now Delta has started to really run the show at XJ. It was only a matter of time.

WMUSIGPI

The $100,000,000 Question
Total Time
5000+
Talk has it daddy Delta didn’t want to renew the leases that were up on those 10 Saab's. No word on any more AC as of now though.

Such a shame. No word on any replacements. Now Delta has started to really run the show at XJ. It was only a matter of time.

Then all the Saabs will be gone by 2012.....

flap operator

Total Time
5000+
Per the contract voluntary furloughs have to be offered first. Given the fact there are no other real flying opportunities in the states and the fact no pilot took the early outs... this doesn't look good for staffing.

I'll try to remain optimistic and maybe they'll change their mind or maybe there will be a replacement a/c announcement. I'm not holding my breath though.

Last edited: