• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba Furlough

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It has been hinted at during recurrent ground schools quite a bit this year, as far as a reduction notice/voluntary furlough notice, I'd expect one posted by Friday.

I wonder what happened to our Core business of 49 Saabs?

If the rumor about the leases is true, 2012 is not that far away. More pain for a lot of people. QOL at Mesaba has not been that great over the last few years, more bad times than good times. I would like to think that Delta would excersize their options with Bombardiere for airplanes and XJ would get them. But who knows where they will go. I can only imagine the plans Delta has for us all. One thing is for sure, blaming this on the ecomony is convienent for Delta. Sort of like the bail out way back when "to save airline jobs". The only thing any bail out saves is upper management.

I suspect the lease company wanted more money than Delta wanted to pay. The lease companies had a rate thrust down their throat from the bankruptcy and now I suspect they think that Delta should be paying market rate for the aircraft again. NorDelt doesn't agree. Unfortunately, I suspect that the lease company can get more money leasing to someone else. Who knows someone will blink but I doubt it.

ALOT of work must be done to the aircraft before they are returned. And that work needs to start now. Engines changed, starter/generators tracked down. The AVROs took a long time to get all the parts in the right place.

More 200's -- maybe. Delta has a bunch of Comair 200's sitting around gathering dust.

I suspect the lease company wanted more money than Delta wanted to pay. The lease companies had a rate thrust down their throat from the bankruptcy and now I suspect they think that Delta should be paying market rate for the aircraft again. NorDelt doesn't agree. Unfortunately, I suspect that the lease company can get more money leasing to someone else. Who knows someone will blink but I doubt it.

ALOT of work must be done to the aircraft before they are returned. And that work needs to start now. Engines changed, starter/generators tracked down. The AVROs took a long time to get all the parts in the right place.

More 200's -- maybe. Delta has a bunch of Comair 200's sitting around gathering dust.

There is more reason than just Delta hates Comair for that.....

Yes but 9 Avros were pulled from service pretty much overnight after the announcement of the bankruptcy. Getting them ready to go back to Sweden is meaningless as far as how long they will keep flying peeps here.

I think we are already over-staffed the way it is and with PBS coming in October this doesn't look good. (100 furloughs due to the 10 Saabs with another 100-150 due to PBS and current overstaffing situation.)

I think we are already over-staffed the way it is and with PBS coming in October this doesn't look good. (100 furloughs due to the 10 Saabs with another 100-150 due to PBS and current overstaffing situation.)

That's about what I am figuring. Basically if you have a seniority number over 900 you may need to be finding a new job soon. Looks like that would cut back to Jan 2008. And include some Saab street captains in MEM.

Unfortunately unlike our bankruptcy furlough, nobody else is hiring right now for any of the furloughs to go to or for the captains to quit and go to, minimizing the furloughs.

Last edited:
I would like to think that Delta would excersize their options with Bombardiere for airplanes and XJ would get them. .

And the ASA guys who had their whole entire fleet of ATR's retired and have 80 furloughs are thinking the same thing.....

And the Comair guys that have a couple hundred furloughs already with more on the way are thinking the same thing.....

And so on......

Latest resources

Back