• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba Furlough

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, I guess the training department's going to be crazy busy again, soon. Too bad it's under such lousy circumstances.

And now Mesaba employees join the ranks of the thousands of lost jobs under the NWA-Delta merger.

What? There are no job losses from the merger silly! Anderson and Steenland told congress that. This is from the economy :rolleyes:

I'm very, very close to getting out of this mess.

Sorry to hear about a possible furlough. Too bad they are parking Saabs. I have a special place in my heart for Mesaba because you fly to Rhinelander. My favorite airport.

Talk has it daddy Delta didn’t want to renew the leases that were up on those 10 Saab's. No word on any more AC as of now though.

Such a shame. No word on any replacements. Now Delta has started to really run the show at XJ. It was only a matter of time.

Talk has it daddy Delta didn’t want to renew the leases that were up on those 10 Saab's. No word on any more AC as of now though.

Such a shame. No word on any replacements. Now Delta has started to really run the show at XJ. It was only a matter of time.

Then all the Saabs will be gone by 2012.....

Per the contract voluntary furloughs have to be offered first. Given the fact there are no other real flying opportunities in the states and the fact no pilot took the early outs... this doesn't look good for staffing.

I'll try to remain optimistic and maybe they'll change their mind or maybe there will be a replacement a/c announcement. I'm not holding my breath though.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back