• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba Furlough

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What? There are no job losses from the merger silly! Anderson and Steenland told congress that. This is from the economy :rolleyes:

I'm very, very close to getting out of this mess.

No kidding. Is there any accountability anywhere?

Good luck guys.

Just goes to show you can never and should never expect to make a stable career working at Mesaba or any regional. It was fun for a bit. Back to the status quo of doom and gloom Mesaba. This place has a permanent Charlie Brown cloud over it :(

Official notice out on MyMesaba about the reduction of 10 Saabs. I wonder if they will send back the ones that just came out of the shop with new Delta paint?

I suspect the lease company wanted more money than Delta wanted to pay. The lease companies had a rate thrust down their throat from the bankruptcy and now I suspect they think that Delta should be paying market rate for the aircraft again. NorDelt doesn't agree. Unfortunately, I suspect that the lease company can get more money leasing to someone else. Who knows someone will blink but I doubt it.
Leases are binding contracts. The SAAB leases were renegotiated to 5 years during the bankruptcy, which had all the leases expiring in 2012. DAL is most likely going to pay a penalty for early termination of the lease. And as far as the line that the company is spewing of the economy. The Saab has one of the lowest CASM's in the DCI fleet and EAS cities are guaranteed income. There's more to this story than is being announced.

Leases are binding contracts. The SAAB leases were renegotiated to 5 years during the bankruptcy, which had all the leases expiring in 2012. DAL is most likely going to pay a penalty for early termination of the lease. And as far as the line that the company is spewing of the economy. The Saab has one of the lowest CASM's in the DCI fleet and EAS cities are guaranteed income. There's more to this story than is being announced.
That's what I was thinking. I thought for sure it was 2012 on the leases. There is a bigger game plan going on. The leak by the press on the reduction of the saabs forced management to address it.

"After much discussion last week, Delta’s network planning department made the decision to reduce Mesaba Airlines’ Saab fleet by ten aircraft, beginning in the fall. As a result of this fleet change, Delta also announced the withdrawal of the Essential Air Service (EAS) bids from six airports, citing aircraft availability constraints and the continued weakened economy"

"The combination of Delta Connection and Northwest Airlink fleet has resulted in a surplus of smaller regional aircraft and Delta will continue to make capacity adjustments as necessary"

So we don't have enough planes because we have a surplus?
Wait hold on let us get rid of a couple of planes, there, now we don't have enough planes for the government to give us money.

Un-f*&king-believable

Here we go again!

I interpreted the obviously scrambled together at the last minute announcement as... because we're parking 10 planes, we will have a/c availability constraints, therefore we are withdrawing the EAS bids. In other words, we can't do these new EAS routes, plus what DL has planned for the fleet with just 39 planes.

EAS routes are never guaranteed profits. The company bids to cover the costs and then a 5% profit margin. If our costs go up, the profits go away as the contract terms don't get changed just because we are more expensive. In the end though, it does seem silly to get rid of a very low CASM a/c.

I thought t-props were all the rage again?

I interpreted the obviously scrambled together at the last minute announcement as... because we're parking 10 planes, we will have a/c availability constraints, therefore we are withdrawing the EAS bids. In other words, we can't do these new EAS routes, plus what DL has planned for the fleet with just 39 planes.

EAS routes are never guaranteed profits. The company bids to cover the costs and then a 5% profit margin. If our costs go up, the profits go away as the contract terms don't get changed just because we are more expensive. In the end though, it does seem silly to get rid of a very low CASM a/c.

I thought t-props were all the rage again?[/QUOTE]

Nope, the new rage is the B.S. going on with Midwest and Republic.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back