Mesaba D Day

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
D'Angelo said:
Fight to keep wages in the middle? PLease save your drama for brodway. You will be trying out for plays on brodway if you all keep blindly following your union into the shredder.

Come on dude, please tell me that you dont actually believe these things you say? Your have to pulling our legs right?

Smarta$$ said:
Come on dude, please tell me that you dont actually believe these things you say? Your have to pulling our legs right?

Im being absolutely serious. We should all know by now that if you truly want to be wealthy you will never get that way unless your either in management or have your own sucessful buisness. Your never going to get rich being someone elses employee. You have to take life by the horns if you wanna truly be making the huge money. Im perfectly happy not having to work much livin it up making FAIR wages. There is no race to the bottom this is simply the market saying stop wasting our time shooting for the moon. If we all stay in the middle there will be no pay cuts to take. Its clear skies from here

arthompson said:
To be fair, I have aviation in my blood, but I also believe in living above the poverty line. I also believe in my employer surviving. There is a way to balance the two alot of management hasn't figured it out though.

My reference was to our CEO stating that our FOs would accept a 20% paycut because they have "aviation in their blood". How much of your "aviation blood" pays your mortgage?

I think you're misunderstanding my statement. I was commenting in support of XJ crews. I understand that Spanjers said you guys would take a cut because you have "aviation in your blood". I was stating that I have aviation in my blood, but I believe in living above the poverty line, meaning that I'm not willing to work for horrible even sub poverty wages just because I have "aviation in my blood". I also said I believe in my employer surviving, meaning that cost cuts are neccessary for a company to survive. I also stated "There is a way to balance the two that alot of management hasn't figured out yet." They can cut cost in other places and then if labor cuts are neccessary go that route.

I by no means believe that your FO's or *ANY* of the work groups at XJ should take a 20% pay cut, especially if the executive office has not shown any cuts to their own wages.

My money (a couple of wooden nickels) is that it will get extended one more week with an absolute deadline. The judge sounds like he is pushing them towards a TA rather than him making a decision. If he makes a decision that favors the pilots, that may set a precedent in the negoatiations with MX and FA's. He has his decision made, all 97 pages of it, its just a matter of him pulling the trigger.

(EL) D'iablo:

I'm glad you're on these forums telling it like it is. I believe you may have psychological issues seeing as you entered into this industry knowing full well a solid majority of your co-workers were unionized. I know you don't believe that but everyone on this forum is telling you you're wrong so obviously you must have some mental defect. I usually scan the Hanger threads for interesting dialouge and can be on and off in about ten minutes. Your posts, however, generate countless rebuttals between you and everyone else allowing me to enjoy many enertaining sessions on-line. Thank you for that.
BTW, the realestate market in CVG is one of the worst in the country so thumbs down for the self-congratulatory props. Keep it up playa.

Count me as one who disagrees with 99% of what you write.

D'Angelo said:
Maybe now the union will start trying to help save the airline instead of chanting stupid slogans.

Don't forget the fancy signs they get to make.

well, i think the judge has had enough...with that said, he will prob give another week........even though he has his decision in that packet he showed in court.....The million (in us FO's case, the 500 dollar) question is weather he will use the Comair ruling as a presedent???????? I say 500 dollar because thats what we will make under the new contract.......

Here is my question.....is it aviation hydraulic fluid or avgass running in my blood? and if so, does it pay more than the plasma i already sell out of my body?

Latest resources

Back