Mesaba D Day

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
D'Angelo said:
If we didnt have a union would have we gotten as good of contract? NO. Would have we gotten a fair good deal? Absolutely yes. Management knows you need to have a happy pilot group. The problem is that some pilot groups would be unhappy no matter what you did for them. Its pointless to even try the union anger mentality has polluted so many pilot groups. Also if we didnt have a union I would be saving a lot of money every year and we wouldnt have had to take a paycut

This whole conversation is like trying to teach a retard how to multiply fractions. You just can't get it.

Smarta$$ said:
This is totally not me that you are describing. I do not live in fear of anything thank you. You say that airlines know that they need to have happly pilots? Tell that to Mesa, Trans States or Pinnacle. All have many unhappy pilots and the company could care less. Are those companies any worse off financially than Comair? Quite the opposite, those companies have millions in the bank. You see companies know that they do not have to have happy pilots because they know some other flightinstructor or low life will do the job for less. Reference gayjets. Those guys are willing to do it for less, wait a minute so are you. So YOU of all people should see my point that people will do it for less just to have your job. Good thing the union orginized the pilots together and agreed on a wage that let you "live like a king".

My house went up in value over 100,000 in the last three years. So now I can see the difference in perspective between your version of living like a king and mine. Enjoy your apartment building.

Good for you and your saying you need another raise? Please your living like a king just as much as I am. We are livin it up in a highrise with lots of room. We did not buy it that long ago and has already gone up by 10k. Im sure it will go up more. Now what do you call living in a nice building, driving a nice car, eating at fancy restaurants when we please and still having money left over to do what we please? I call that living like a king. It most certainly is not poverty. Plus no yard work or maintenance involved unless something goes wrong in our unit. There is a limit at which pilots will work. notice how hard a time pinnacle had filling their classes. If the guys at mesa, tsa, and whatever else are so angry they certainly arent quitting in large enough numbers. The secret is being able to have whats called a budget and anyone can live like a king. Sorry to burst your sky is falling bubble. If you dont live in fear then why do you need a union? YOU are capable of keepiong your job. YOU are capable of defending yourself if you make a mistake. YOU are capable of getting a fair wage. unions have everyone convinced they are needed when they are not. Too many people still live in the past. Another problem is a lot of pilots try to raise a family all by them selves. For god sakes man get a lady that has a job. You will truly live like a king with 2 incomes. You can still survive on 1 income but once you get 2 incomes you really start living it up.

Smarta$$ said:
This whole conversation is like trying to teach a retard how to multiply fractions. You just can't get it.

Neither can the diehard union blowhards. They are so absorbed in their world of greed with visions of working 10 days a month for max pay with 3 or 4 houses that they fail to see the big picture.

D'Angelo said:
Its true. If pilot groups were truly as angry and unhappy as claimed on here people would be quitting like mad. Therefore the company must be doing something to keep people happy. theres no mass exodus anywhere per se.
Personally I think management is stupid, they are pushing the pilot group to determine what the limits of emotion are. It's hanging by a thread right now and if provoked will cause a mass exodus out of this profession. Management will has lost the battle at that point, and it will either take huge compensation gains to get them back or a bunch of stupid pilots.

D'Angelo said:
Neither can the diehard union blowhards. They are so absorbed in their world of greed with visions of working 10 days a month for max pay with 3 or 4 houses that they fail to see the big picture.

Personally, I think you're a tool who came from an elitist background where mommy and daddy and now I guess wifey take care of you. I'm not jelouss, just pissed at people like yourself who aren't humbled by their fortunes. Everybody gets greedy including unions and pay got out of hand IMHO with some of the major airline contracts. However, it's absolute BS some of the work and pay conditions at regional level when you consider the responsibility. All in all, unions provide a counterbalance to guys with massive stock options who have a very great deal of greed. With all that said, a multi-million dollar aircraft plus millions per live and all it takes is to inadvertantly cross a runway to take out all of it should be enough to rationalize high pay for a pilot. Not many jobs out there where if you f up, you're going to be the lead story on CNN.

So either continue down the path of being brainwashed by your prickish background, or quit "yo playin", because it's both pathetic and stupid.

kmox29 said:
"aviation in his blood" as our esteemed CEO would say.

To be fair, I have aviation in my blood, but I also believe in living above the poverty line. I also believe in my employer surviving. There is a way to balance the two alot of management hasn't figured it out though.

ratherbeflyen said:
jeez, I came here to read about how the folks at xj are doing and instead all it get is some wank vs the world. Whats the news at xj?
Agreed, reading this thread was a complete waste of five minutes!

arthompson said:
To be fair, I have aviation in my blood, but I also believe in living above the poverty line. I also believe in my employer surviving. There is a way to balance the two alot of management hasn't figured it out though.

If your living in poverty after first year then you need to learn how to budget boi!!!!

One more on the ignore list...so back to the subject....extension..or no...what do you think?

Latest resources

Back