• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba/Colgan guys, some 9E news

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
6 years of negotiating would justify an ASA style "havoc" campaign. Missing a 45 day optimistic goal? ...not so much.

I did say that I fly with some pretty militant folks, but I'm talking more about a Michigan autoworkers union mindset, and less of a Michigan Hutaree militia one.

How about something more amusing, than an illegal job action. Something like removing all personal items from the crewroom day, or call scheduling to say "Hi" day. If organized correctly across all three groups, the message would be clear to mgmt. of our resolve. And might be fun to boot.

6 years of negotiating would justify an ASA style "havoc" campaign. Missing a 45 day optimistic goal? ...not so much.

I did say that I fly with some pretty militant folks, but I'm talking more about a Michigan autoworkers union mindset, and less of a Michigan Hutaree militia one.

OK, this is 6 years PLUS another 45 days of wasted time for us. Now if we are all truly together fighting as ONE, then that should mean something to you also.

All this talk about "give it time", just a "little time for this to play out" is us falling into their trap. This is how we get to 6 years. A little at a time. "we are almost there guys, hang in there" or "management really wants/needs it this time".

Talk to your MEC or NC. The last few weeks have accomplished NOTHING substantial at all. It is not TIME that is needed, it is MOTIVATION. And sitting on your hands waiting is NOT what creates MOTIVATION.

But hey, you are MESABA, so you must know something I don't know about 9E management.

If we have no deal in 8 days, it will not be because we ran out of time, it will be because management refused to put the money on the table. Waiting these guys out won't change that, hasn't in 6 YEARS.

Why can't people learn from others mistakes.

Nothings going to happen in 8 days, whether we have a done deal or not. Deadlines mean nothing in this industry. It will be done when it's done.

Nothings going to happen in 8 days, whether we have a done deal or not. Deadlines mean nothing in this industry. It will be done when it's done.

Just what I thought. You and your pilots are no tougher negotiators than ours. Your a joke with your "get out of the way" talk. 9E management will play you guys for fools, already are...

Last edited:
Just what I thought. You and your pilots are no tougher negotiators than ours. Your a joke with your "get out of the way" talk. 9E management will play you guys for fools, already are...

Jesus... How old are some of you guys? This bickering back and forth is quite childesh

Um, yeah Apollo was a fighter, you guys not so much.

Hey Smarta$$ -

Did you even read my previous post?

There is more than one way to skin this cat. The "deadline" to get this contract done was put in place by Pinnacle management because as of now they are losing LOTS of money by operating three seperate companies. It is not efficient at all and they know it. Did anyone really think the contract would get done quickly and smoothly?

The problem is that if we aren't willing to burn the house down the day the day this mythical deadline (put in place by management) passes you claim Mesaba pilots don't support you. Couldn't be farther from the truth. But we won't cut off our nose to spite our face. The leverage is already there -- let Pinnacle keep burning up money by operating three companies.

To blame the Mesaba pilots for not immediately help end your six years of misery is unfair. Do we support you getting a contract? Hell yes. But we aren't going to pee all over our new house just to get it done. That may be tough but it doesn't solve the problem.

We have learned through our previous contract, bankruptcy, losing a fleet, and taking on two new ones how to do this effectively. Reacting in a crazy way and beating our chests doesn't do much. Hitting them where it hurts, on the bottom line, does. On-time performance looks good but they are still losing money. Why make the passengers suffer at this point? We've been threatened before every way possible and each time we came out stronger in the end.

Keep in mind you guys had SIX YEARS to show some resolve. We just came to this party so to blame us is a joke. We can and will help when the time is right. That doesn't mean we don't care -- we just aren't going to take a dumb job action now that will cost all of us. We have leverage so let's use it.

You don't always have to make a big show out of killing the beast. Bleeding it to death works, too. I know you guys are frustrated after six years but don't make us your enemy. We didn't cause this but we can help fix it. You act like because in 8 days we aren't willing to have a write-up campaign or make every flight late that we don't support Pinnacle pilots. What if we said, "Hey, Pinnacle pilots: support Mesaba pilots losing our airplanes to you by grounding every flight tomorrow." Do you think that would happen? Pretty dumb, huh?

For the third time, we are on the same team. That means we need to help you, but you need to understand that doesn't mean we have to go nuclear either. Fighting on here really solves a lot.

Let's all be smart about this.

Latest resources

Back